Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A puddle of water in the boot

SNC

Well I've heard a sloshing sound for a little while now, I assumed it was the full tank of fuel I was hearing sloshing about but now the tank is 2/3 gone it was still making the noise.

I decided to check in the boot, lifted up the boot carpet and found a maybe 2cm deep puddle where the spare tire should be. 

I searched on the forum for common leaks but only found stuff on the seals around the light fittings on some 2008 version fiesta's. Sadly it's not raining at the moment which is unusual for Manchester so I can't feel for wet patches.

Is there any common leaks on these cars?

On a separate note I will be going back to the dealers as looking under the boot carpet for the first time I've found I don't have a spare or a puncture repair kit!!! nothing at all which I'm sure is illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well at Evan Halshaws now, called 2 weeks ago to book the car in they said they would have a spare ready and waiting for us as i said its illegal to drive without either of them and they would have a courtesy car for us if we need it (as we are off to centre parcs from 1pm today).

Well they have no spare or puncture kit ready and need another dealer to authorise the cost as it wasn't this dealer who sold the car and they have no courtesy car at all!!

So they sold me a car illegally with no spare or repair kit and either Ford customer services lied to me directly with what they could do for a customer or they just never did any prep work appointment.

People have commented that Alfas After sales but they treat you like royalty compared to Fords, haven't lied, had everything prepared and couldn't do enough to appologise that you were using your time to wait while they sort their problem.

Never go with Evan Halshaw they are propper $#!÷

Edited by SNC

1 hour ago, SNC said:

Well at Evan Halshaws now, called 2 weeks ago to book the car in they said they would have a spare ready and waiting for us as i said its illegal to drive without either of them and they would have a courtesy car for us if we need it (as we are off to centre parcs from 1pm today).

Well they have no spare or puncture kit ready and need another dealer to authorise the cost as it wasn't this dealer who sold the car and they have no courtesy car at all!!

So they sold me a car illegally with no spare or repair kit and either Ford customer services lied to me directly with what they could do for a customer or they just never did any prep work appointment.

People have commented that Alfas After sales but they treat you like royalty compared to Fords, haven't lied, had everything prepared and couldn't do enough to appologise that you were using your time to wait while they sort their problem.

Never go with Evan Halshaw they are propper $#!÷

I used to work there, and could have put my house on them not having anything available. They work as separate identities, each with their own costs etc. If there is any damage/missing parts and you take it to another garage to complain, they have to do a full procedure to get the costs to cover. IE The dealer you took it to will have to take pictures, proofs etc and send them to the purchase location in order for them to release the funds. 

I find it highly unlikely they will provide you with a spare, it will most likely be a slime kit

• Like 1

Thanks for the info but Evans Halshaw are just pants, now they are saying although they don't know where the leak is coming from they have to remove some trim and trim is only covered in the 1st year of warranty so I'm going to have to pay to get it sorted!!!!

I decided to speak to a friend of mine who owns a garage said that alot of fiestas have come in with the same problem and he said the quickest way of sorting this without having to pay for random tests to be performed and trim removed is to drill the tiniest of holes at the lowest point where it is forming and let anything that gets in drain strait out.

What do you think?

9 minutes ago, SNC said:

Thanks for the info but Evans Halshaw are just pants, now they are saying although they don't know where the leak is coming from they have to remove some trim and trim is only covered in the 1st year of warranty so I'm going to have to pay to get it sorted!!!!

I decided to speak to a friend of mine who owns a garage said that alot of fiestas have come in with the same problem and he said the quickest way of sorting this without having to pay for random tests to be performed and trim removed is to drill the tiniest of holes at the lowest point where it is forming and let anything that gets in drain strait out.

What do you think?

I personally would contact ford themselves. Although trim is on a 1 year warranty and needs removing to solve the problem, it doesn't mean the trim is at fault?

Just because they can't find the fault, they can't blame it on the trim without actually knowing. Its like saying "We know your car keeps driving to the right, but we don't know why. We have to remove the wheel arch to see if we can find the problem, however this isn't covered...." seems like a cop out. I would contact Ford customer services to see if they can help, it maybe a common problem however drilling yourself seems something you shouldn't have to do. It will still mean the bottom of your boot is damp (won't be holding a puddle but the base will be constantly damp) causing mold/smell. 

If you complain directly to Ford they have the power to instruct a dealer to work on the car and settle the costs with them directly.

I can't remember what the problem I had with the Fez ST was now, but it got sorted, and quickly.

44 minutes ago, SNC said:

What do you think?

Nothing like a bodge job to treat the symptoms and not actually fix the problem. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I just noticed water in the well of my boot as well the other day only about 1cm but a bit concerning. Assume it's from pressure washing it clean. It's only 6 months old so might contact the leasing company and get it checked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a Fiesta van at a Ford dealer in Inverness in 2013. Noticed the same problem and reported it before the first service. Think they did something with the rear door seal and it fixed the issue. I'm sure there'll be other threads on this issue. Not a great advert for EH

Same thing happened my MK6 fiesta, found a puddle under the spare tire and couldnt locate the source, if cleaned it out and tested for leaks and it isnt leaking nomore, but I have noticed there is water in one of my taillights

Top brake light seal perishes and water can get in through the boot lock. Open boot and pour some water directly onto the high level brake light from a watering can and see if drips through your boot hatch and comes out through boot lock. Was common problem on mk6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club