Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - Zetec S TDCi ordered today

FMC

Hi all

Quick newbie introduction - found this site when looking for info on the Mk7 Zetec S TDCi which me & my missus ordered today

3dr in Frozen White with Street Pack, BT & USB options plus addition of mini spare wheel.

We intended ordering the heated screen (essential for British winters lol) and the sideskirts to compliment the optional 17s - but much to our delight they have been subject to a spec change as of vehicles built after 5th/6th October and are now standard kit (I presume the former optional extra cost of these is now added to the base cost of the Zetec S, but as I wasn't really looking at the figures too hard I can't 100% confirm this).

The only other standard spec change I am aware of for post-Oct 5th builds are alloy pedals.

Really looking forward to taking delivery, currently scheduled for November 23rd.

I look forward to reading up on more info here in the meantime.

Cheers

FMC

ps

If anyone can confirm whether an Eibach lowering kit is available for the diesel ZS variant (I've seen it listed only for petrol variants -whats different with the diesel dampers versus the petrol?) - I'd appreciate some info.

Also, are there any remaps available for the Mk7 TDCi? I've only found remaps for sale for the Mk6, so I presume the ECU is different in the Mk& and hasn't been cracked, yet?

Thanks.

:D

Hello FMC and welcome to the forums :D

I have the EXACT same car as you bar I went for the petrol engine, I also have the alloy pedals. And as far as I know the engine is the only difference? So the springs etc should fit but I am in no way 100% sure.

As for the side skirts and heated windscreen, I had to pay extra, oh well. I still have my price list for the cars before the changes and yours has an OTR list price of £15095, on the Ford website now it's listed at £15495 so I'm guessing that's where the cost went, the skirts and windscreen as options on my list come to £275.

Hope that helps?

Thanks for the welcomes and the info!

I will open another thread asking for info on Eibach part numbers and also some other queries i have - I will keep this thread for updates on the progress of my order/delivery/first drive/opinions etc etc.

:)

Thanks for the welcomes and the info!

I will open another thread asking for info on Eibach part numbers and also some other queries i have - I will keep this thread for updates on the progress of my order/delivery/first drive/opinions etc etc.

:)

you say your vehicle is due on the 23rd of november...

expect to get it the end of december

serioulsy

you say your vehicle is due on the 23rd of november...

expect to get it the end of december

serioulsy

Zetec S's seem to be being delivered alot quicker than some other spec levels. Titaniums seem to be 12weeks or more (order to actually picking up the car) but you do really seem to be able to get a Zetec S in about 8......or 5 in my case! and a week of that was because I couldn't get to the dealer during the week (although my car was an amendment to an existing order to change colour and spec).

I'll be keeping an eye on things regarding lead time becasue we currently have a Focus ST on options which is being part-ex'd for the Fiesta, so residuals may be affected if we enter into December, which I won't be happy with at all =(

Welcome to FOC FMC - that could get confusing.

I'm another one in a white Mk7 - good choice, although of course I say you should have joined the Titanium mafia :lol:

Welcome to FOC FMC - that could get confusing.

I'm another one in a white Mk7 - good choice, although of course I say you should have joined the Titanium mafia :lol:

lol

Cheers Dan - I considered the Titanium just for the fact it's got the POWER button option (I'll miss mine loads when the ST goes :() but I wanted the sportier suspension setup of the Zetec S <_<

lol

Cheers Dan - I considered the Titanium just for the fact it's got the POWER button option (I'll miss mine loads when the ST goes :() but I wanted the sportier suspension setup of the Zetec S <_<

If you're fitting Eibachs anyway the cars will be identical in terms of suspension.

I love my power button :lol:

hmmm - well in that case i need to find a better reason for not getting the Titanium - can i say it's becasue the fancy 'S' from the Zetec S badge is almost like half an ST? :lol:

hmmm - well in that case i need to find a better reason for not getting the Titanium - can i say it's becasue the fancy 'S' from the Zetec S badge is almost like half an ST? :lol:

Sports seats? Lack of chrome bits?

I only mention it because I originally ordered a Zetec S and the salesman phoned me to say he thought I'd ordered the wrong car...

As for badges - I took mine off, so that doesn't wash either :lol:

Sports seats? Lack of chrome bits?

Damn - you got me on the seats :lol:

I lurve my chrome.

Damn - you got me on the seats :lol:

I lurve my chrome.

Not a fan of the chome, and I do rather like the sports seats - so I bought a Zetec S.

...I do rather like the sports seats - so I bought a Zetec S.

Sounds good enough for me too :P

(just don't mention Recaro Sportster CS in leather from Mountune as fitted to the Mk6 Fiesta ST as part of the Mountune upgrade) :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club