Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fun little one!

JSMarsden

Many of you will know this (I hope you ALL do!)

Saw it posted on Facebook and some of the answers were absolutely diabolical.......I'm unsure how people have licences.

Wanted to double check how many of you deserve yours ;).

Who has right of way....

cars.jpg

Who has right of way? (Also, include in your answer if its any different on a Motorway)

I was going to say that if either vehicle was a BMW then they, obviously, would have right of way. But then I noticed that vehicle B uses it's indicators so it can't be a BMW so therefore the correct answer is A :laugh:

• Like 3

Car A, and also car A if it was a motorway. 

• Like 2

I heard on facebook that 1) Car A is an idiot for not giving way and should slow down/brake to let B in.... and 2) If it was on a motorway then car A has to move over to let car B in.

Infuriates me, ive been driving for just about a year now and admit I'm not experienced, but even if it was a motorway, a doesnt HAVE to move over. (it's nice to, but B can't really complain too much if A doesn't move) - > The mindset that A HAS to move over means you get those people who sit in the middle lane 5 miles before a slip road entry "Incase somebody wants to join"....

EDIT* But if either car is a BMW then they automatically have right of way yes. If both cars are a BMW then it's the biggest one with the most scuffed alloy wheels

Of course vehicle "A" has right of way, but I could see it being quite tricky if the main road was very busy and there was literally no space to merge.  What would you do in that situation?  I know it would be incredibly rare, but should it occur then you'd have to stop, surely?  Or maybe I'm over thinking it...

car B  would have to stop and give way as car A  has right of way

I nearly took out a car the other day at a merge like this...two cars got there at the same time and both jumped on the brakes instead of 'merging'...wtf...  Of course that caused a huge 'pile up' and presumably a ripple much further back than I could see.  That was shortly after one of those two had pulled in front of me in the left lane when there wasn't enough room...then he braked for apparently no reason...  I'm really trying to stay calm on the road but there are just so many idiots about it's impossible to complete a 30 minute journey without getting wound up!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I nearly took out a car the other day at a merge like this...two cars got there at the same time and both jumped on the brakes instead of 'merging'...wtf...  Of course that caused a huge 'pile up' and presumably a ripple much further back than I could see.  That was shortly after one of those two had pulled in front of me in the left lane when there wasn't enough room...then he braked for apparently no reason...  I'm really trying to stay calm on the road but there are just so many idiots about it's impossible to complete a 30 minute journey without getting wound up!

Likewise, the thing that infuriates me the most is people that don't have a clue/think your in the wrong!

I had a guy try and queue jump on me and merge straight infront of me (tried to barge me out of the way) - fair enough I blocked his smart car out and he started to have a go. However I saw him jump out of my lane 20 cars behind, drive all the way down the inside of the traffic (left lane filtered off) and put his indicator on right infront of me at about 10mph and started to cut in. Just held my horn and kept him out. HE went in behind me, and at the lights got out of his car and started to say "You want to watch out who your f***ing with"...

I simply laughed in his face and drove off - rarely get so wound up and I'm nice enough to let people in at merges to help traffic flow but when people take the p*ss in order to get infront of people it winds me up - its like they think they're more important than everyone else and deserve to get to somewhere quicker. Rant over haha. Don't even get me started on middle lane drivers - I come across at least 50 on my travels to kent! :toot::ranting:

• Like 1

totally agree 

Car A has right of way.

Road is single carriageway and has double white lines.

Car B is on a merging side lane so must give way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club