Do Not Sell My Personal Information

advice needed please

mistybing

i have a t reg 1.7 puma and i am changing the front struts. in the top mount does anyone know if there should be a metal sleeve or should the bearing just sit in the rubber mount :huh:

i have a t reg 1.7 puma and i am changing the front struts. in the top mount does anyone know if there should be a metal sleeve or should the bearing just sit in the rubber mount :huh:

I am not a hundred percent sure what you mean. are you able to upload a picture?

You will see how it all comes apart when you do the job. If it's anythng like the fiesta (which I'm sure they are) the bearing sits under the nut that keeps the spring tentioned. You will need spring clamps if you want to change the bearings but if there ok it's not worth the hassel. When you remove the strut the rubber mount just sits on top

You will see how it all comes apart when you do the job. If it's anythng like the fiesta (which I'm sure they are) the bearing sits under the nut that keeps the spring tentioned. You will need spring clamps if you want to change the bearings but if there ok it's not worth the hassel. When you remove the strut the rubber mount just sits on top

when i took it apart it looked like the person b4 me has done something to it didnt need clamps and its wobbling around in the top mount

The top mount is just the rubber. It just sits on top of the strut. The bearing sits under the nut that keeps the spring from popping off. To change just the rubber mount all you need to do is remove the strut and swap over the new rubber. It's only held in place by the strut design