Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MK2 Central Locking Problems

craig_osu

Hi there,

I am having a few problems with my central locking and I was wondering whether any of you could help me resolve this problem.

When I unlocked my car all doors unlocked except for the drivers doors. After I got home I tried to lock the car and the car wouldnt lock all the doors the drivers had to be locked from the inside to temporarily lock the other doors. Although now this is even tempremental and only works on occasions to suit itself. Im not sure how i can resolve this problem if any of you can help I would much appreciate some input. Or if any of you know a useful website link that may help me resolve this issue.

I await your response.

many thanks

Hi there,

I am having a few problems with my central locking and I was wondering whether any of you could help me resolve this problem.

When I unlocked my car all doors unlocked except for the drivers doors. After I got home I tried to lock the car and the car wouldnt lock all the doors the drivers had to be locked from the inside to temporarily lock the other doors. Although now this is even tempremental and only works on occasions to suit itself. Im not sure how i can resolve this problem if any of you can help I would much appreciate some input. Or if any of you know a useful website link that may help me resolve this issue.

I await your response.

many thanks

this worked for me by resetting the ecu

Method

The easiest way to reset the ECU is to remove fuses 4 and 11 from the fusebox next to the battery in the engine bay and leave the car for about 15 minutes. (This is the case for the Mk1 and Mk2 Zetec engines. Check your user guide for other models) Identifying the fuses means that you will not have to reset your clock or radio, which you would have to do if you were to disconnect the battery.

When the fuses are re-inserted, your car's ECU will relearn according to how you drive your car. This can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a week or so. However, the following steps might speed the overall process up:

Start the car and leave it idling for 15 minutes or so... it will probably stall a couple of times, but it'll soon level out at just under 1,000 revs

Then take the car out and drive it as carefully as you can for an hour or so

Finally, take it out onto the longest road you can find with a national speed limit and open the throttle up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club