Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Blue

liampatrick

Hey everyone,

I've just joined the forums - picked up my '58' Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue today (pics will follow), had my eye on one for a while as my Mum has one almost identical, and I've always enjoyed driving it. I have a few questions about some things which some of you may be better informed on than me!

1) I set up the bluetooth really easily and have been making calls through it with my iPhone; is it possible to play music through bluetooth as well? I know my friend can on his Mk7, but wasn't sure if this was a possibility on mine.

2) The manual says I have to select the autowipers function in order for them to activate (when it rains!) however it's not clear how to do this? Simple for the auto headlights though.

3) Is it easy to swap the interior light for one off a Ghia with map reading lights?

Thanks in advance!

Liam :) 

27 minutes ago, liampatrick said:

Hey everyone,

I've just joined the forums - picked up my '58' Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue today (pics will follow), had my eye on one for a while as my Mum has one almost identical, and I've always enjoyed driving it. I have a few questions about some things which some of you may be better informed on than me!

1) I set up the bluetooth really easily and have been making calls through it with my iPhone; is it possible to play music through bluetooth as well? I know my friend can on his Mk7, but wasn't sure if this was a possibility on mine.

2) The manual says I have to select the autowipers function in order for them to activate (when it rains!) however it's not clear how to do this? Simple for the auto headlights though.

3) Is it easy to swap the interior light for one off a Ghia with map reading lights?

Thanks in advance!

Liam :) 

Hello! Welcome to the club, it's great to have you here. Congratulations on your purchase and I hope you're enjoying your ride. :)

As for your questions:

1) This depends entirely on your radio. If you have any of the stock radios, if I recall correctly unfortunately you cannot playback music from your smartphone to your stereo; the bluetooth feature is exclusively present for phone-calls only. If you don't have an AUX input for your radio system but have the button, then you should be able to connect one in yourself relatively easily. (Check your glove-box and/or next to your cigarette lighter to confirm you don't already have an AUX input.)

2) I'm not entirely sure on this feature, hopefully someone else can chime in here but I believe that the auto-wipers refers to the ability to select sensitivity. You need to turn the front wiper on manually (move the stalk up one) then you can select the sensitivity on the stalk by rotating from 1 to 6 (1 will turn the wipers on relatively fast/most sensitive whereas 6 is the least sensitive/will turn the wipers on relatively slow). I maybe wrong with this however, but I believe that's what it is.

3) No clue to be honest. I hope someone else is able to help. :)

All the best and apologies I couldn't help more.

Thanks for your response:smile:

Ah, I wondered if that was the case with the bluetooth. Not to worry! It's handy for calls, would have been good to stream music too, but have an aux in socket for that at least! Thanks for wipers advice - have tested now with a jug of water!:tongue:

Only pic I have taken so far; this afternoon. Hope it uploads! 

I have a few very minor, very cheap, (and very OEM) modification plans:wink:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Sweet! Your car looks superb in condition!

OEM modifications? I can't imagine what they'd be haha. If you haven't already, I'm guessing you'll be adding the chrome tipped grille, new alloys and perhaps an arm rest? Those would be my guesses haha.

All the best. :)

4 hours ago, Obnoxious said:

Sweet! Your car looks superb in condition!

OEM modifications? I can't imagine what they'd be haha. If you haven't already, I'm guessing you'll be adding the chrome tipped grille, new alloys and perhaps an arm rest? Those would be my guesses haha.

Thanks! :)

Chrome grille is definitely number one priority! I can't quite see why they omitted it...although the Zetec Blue was priced in between a Style Climate (and marketed as based on the Style Climate) and Zetec Climate; it actually has all the equipment and more of the Zetec Climate (except for the chrome grille!) so that is definitely the first. I'm pretty happy with the alloys mind! But I do want to get an interior light from a Ghia. I've already ordered the original accessory carpet mats that match the upholstery. And then I'm thinking; mud flaps, wind deflectors, and perhaps a chrome tailgate trim (I think they were a Ford accessory option at one point). Inside, I feel that the door trims are a bit boring/black so maybe something to do there...and also perhaps a change of the gear knob/gaiter. Is an arm rest a common Mk6 modification? 

Carpet mats arrived!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

With regards to the map lights, why do you want the ones from a Ghia? You could just replace your yellow interior bulbs with some white LED's if you wanted? (maybe easier than replacing a full unit?)

2 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

With regards to the map lights, why do you want the ones from a Ghia? You could just replace your yellow interior bulbs with some white LED's if you wanted? (maybe easier than replacing a full unit?)

Hi, yeah I think if it is a difficult job I will look into doing that. I like the idea of having the main interior light, plus the two map reading lights so I'll try and see if it's easy!

Just now, liampatrick said:

Hi, yeah I think if it is a difficult job I will look into doing that. I like the idea of having the main interior light, plus the two map reading lights so I'll try and see if it's easy!

Ah I guess yours (unfamiliar with that model) has just a single main map light for the front? I can't see it being too hard to wire, may just include cutting more out of the headliner/wiring in. Wires will already be there so may just require a connector block and some tape! :biggrin:

Just now, JSMarsden said:

Ah I guess yours (unfamiliar with that model) has just a single main map light for the front? I can't see it being too hard to wire, may just include cutting more out of the headliner/wiring in. Wires will already be there so may just require a connector block and some tape! :biggrin:

Yep, that's correct! Just a single light except on Ghia and ST models I think. I'm hoping it'll just be plug and play. I used to have a Rover 25 and fitted front fog lights, which to my surprise consisted of literally just plugging in the fog lights, and plugging in the switch as they all had the exact same wiring! 

17 hours ago, liampatrick said:

Thanks! :)

Chrome grille is definitely number one priority! I can't quite see why they omitted it...although the Zetec Blue was priced in between a Style Climate (and marketed as based on the Style Climate) and Zetec Climate; it actually has all the equipment and more of the Zetec Climate (except for the chrome grille!) so that is definitely the first. I'm pretty happy with the alloys mind! But I do want to get an interior light from a Ghia. I've already ordered the original accessory carpet mats that match the upholstery. And then I'm thinking; mud flaps, wind deflectors, and perhaps a chrome tailgate trim (I think they were a Ford accessory option at one point). Inside, I feel that the door trims are a bit boring/black so maybe something to do there...and also perhaps a change of the gear knob/gaiter. Is an arm rest a common Mk6 modification? 

I agree, I think a chrome grille would look great on your vehicle since it would compliment your Fiesta's paint colour. I've kept the stock non-chrome grille on my vehicle as a chrome one doesn't stand out as much on a Tango Red coloured Fiesta in my opinion.

Your car mats look good too, they're definitely better than what I have haha.

As for an arm rest, it's not the most common modification but numerous owners of the regular and ST MK6 Fiesta have fitted one. You can fit a genuine Ford one, as seen on Amazon with customer reviews, the second most popular option would be to fit an Armster or at the cheapest option, fit a universal one which may require drilling. I was going to fit one but still haven't got round to ordering; I may just purchase a universal one from eBay as I don't want to spend more than £50 on an armrest, where the universal ones can be had for around £15.

12 hours ago, Obnoxious said:

I agree, I think a chrome grille would look great on your vehicle since it would compliment your Fiesta's paint colour. I've kept the stock non-chrome grille on my vehicle as a chrome one doesn't stand out as much on a Tango Red coloured Fiesta in my opinion.

Your car mats look good too, they're definitely better than what I have haha.

As for an arm rest, it's not the most common modification but numerous owners of the regular and ST MK6 Fiesta have fitted one. You can fit a genuine Ford one, as seen on Amazon with customer reviews, the second most popular option would be to fit an Armster or at the cheapest option, fit a universal one which may require drilling. I was going to fit one but still haven't got round to ordering; I may just purchase a universal one from eBay as I don't want to spend more than £50 on an armrest, where the universal ones can be had for around £15.

Wow £100 is rather expensive. For he MK7.5 the only option is to get the full centre unit (casing around handbrake etc) but they're around £70-80 and you get extra 12v socket and light up cup holders! (What else could anybody want!). Its not too bad if you drill them, just make sure its clean. When you come to sell it on you can fill it in with black silicone/or similar/put a rubber mat over it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've made a very cheap and easy mod today! £6.99 off eBay (and I only ordered it yesterday), black leather gear lever gaiter with blue stitching - which I think looks an awful lot better than the standard rubber one, and looks rather OEM in a Zetec Blue!

IMG_1128-1.JPG

• Like 3

looks good.

my wife had mk6 1.4 zetec climate in apple green cracking car to drive and handled excellently .

enjoy

hey there i had a Zetec Blue as my First car and it was lovely! a kept mines standard apart from changing to LED lights lol here is pics of my last wee car 

IMAG1382.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10 April 2016 at 4:08 PM, Paramanic said:

hey there i had a Zetec Blue as my First car and it was lovely! a kept mines standard apart from changing to LED lights lol here is pics of my last wee car 

IMAG1382.jpg

Very nice, I like it a lot in that colour! I think the Zetec Blue is my favourite model; for some reason advertised by Ford as in between the Style Climate and Zetec Climate models, however the specification is in fact as the Zetec Climate - plus the 16" alloys, blue interior trim, and Sony CD (plus bluetooth and Technology Pack from summer 2008) but without the chrome grille, silver interior door handles, and gear knob insert. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to details aha. Definitely plan to keep mine rather standard, apart from very subtle OEM-like modifications. Still not found a chrome grille! Wondering if there's something I can do with the fog light surrounds...

Got this done! Ordered it last weekend off eBay for £11.99 and picked it up from Argos this evening. Didn't realise how quick and easy it'd be, did it in the car park; literally popped out the original light and plugged this one in! Irony is this 'new' light is 5 years older than my car but I'm much happier with it, I like having the map lights:smile: got a Richbrook aerial arriving later in the week, pics to follow! 

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

• 1 month later...

Today I changed my head/side/fog light bulbs. I bought UK/Europe-legal halogen bulbs, which are xenon gas-filled, and are blue-coated; for a xenon-look (brighter/whiter light). The picture attached doesn't really do them much justice, but I am really pleased with the result - especially as it cost £10.49 in total! My Mum's Fiesta with standard halogen bulbs fitted for comparison.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Right so Ainsley needs a wesh, but I'm very pleased he has been adorned with his chrome grille haha:smile:

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Aw man, Ainsley has fallen victim to an Asda prang! 

IMG_2742.JPG

Modified the gear level gaiter to make it fit/look a bit better, by cutting down the original rubber gaiter and including it underneath. Also today adding a matching black leather/blue stitching handbrake gaiter.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I like what you've done with the original rubber gaiter,i'll try that myself :smile:

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, SpannerTheCat said:

I like what you've done with the original rubber gaiter,i'll try that myself :smile:

Thanks! It just looked too flat before (pic below) but then with the entire rubber gaiter underneath the fit was very tight and it kept coming loose!

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, liampatrick said:

I've made a very cheap and easy mod today! £6.99 off eBay (and I only ordered it yesterday), black leather gear lever gaiter with blue stitching - which I think looks an awful lot better than the standard rubber one, and looks rather OEM in a Zetec Blue!

IMG_1128-1.JPG

• Like 1

Looks great!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club