Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk4 mondeo indicators wont flash when locking

digger2020
聽Share

Hi all. Hope someone can advise me....it's been a while since I've visited the site as not been driving for some time!

Problem I have on my 57 plate 2.0tdci Mondeo tit x is the indicators do not flash when locking but do when unlocking. Have tried one and two presses of the fob.

All doors lock and unlock correctly including deadlocking and convers dash shows alarm activation. Boot and bonnet switches appear to be working as they should also.

Should I be looking to replace the c/l ecu in the osr quarter behind the boot lining or is there another possibility that anyone may have come across please?

Grateful for any input!

Cheers guys. 馃憤

do all doors really lock? it could be that a fuse has gone for one of the door locks?

I would suspect the the tailgate anti-theft inhibit switch.

The tailgate usually has 2 switches, 1 for the courtesy lamp and another for the alarm inhibit. Depending on the model they can be internal to the motor asm or 1 of them external. Remove the trim panel and see if you can see it, the anti theft switch would be the external one if its not within the motor asm.

22 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

do all doors really lock? it could be that a fuse has gone for one of the door locks?

Yes all lock and deadlock. Can't be opened from inside or out. All fuses ok.

11 hours ago, Dan62 said:

I would suspect the the tailgate anti-theft inhibit switch.

The tailgate usually has 2 switches, 1 for the courtesy lamp and another for the alarm inhibit. Depending on the model they can be internal to the motor asm or 1 of them external. Remove the trim panel and see if you can see it, the anti theft switch would be the external one if its not within the motor asm.

Thanks very much for that suggestion. I'll take a look at the tailgate electrical bits. Is there a way to bypass the offending item if it is indeed the problem? Thanks once again for posting 馃憤

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club