Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Underseat sub

Wah84

Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Ford Focus Titanium, with Ford Touch SYNC2 (8" display etc, standard Speakers etc).  I would have liked to have an underseat subwoofer but didn't notice this or advised when I purchased the car last year.  I have searched around on the web to see how easy it is to buy an underseat sub and install myself, but I haven't found much to help.  Ford do offer an install at around £180+. 

So my questions are:

How easy would this be to install an underseat sub myself? (will I need to run cables to battery or headunit?)

Has anybody had the sub installed by Ford? how does it sound? (with similar Ford Touch 8", standard speakers)

Cheers for the help in advance! :smile:

Wayne.

Easy install contact me further if you want detailed step by step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks!

yes a step by step guide would be awesome!! 

Cheers

wayne

Have you got round to fit a sub then Wah?

Hi,

Not as yet, I have just not got around to doing it.  I will hopefully have some time this weekend, to have a look at it.

Cheers

Wayne

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry hadnt subed to this haha didnt get notified you replied will get a guide out to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Would you be able to send me the guide too? I am interested in fitting one in my car also.

• 7 months later...

Ide be interested in a guide to iv done odd bits on cars in past but not to standard head unit i want to fit o e to my titanium x when i get it cheers in advanced 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2016 at 3:52 PM, Wah84 said:

Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Ford Focus Titanium, with Ford Touch SYNC2 (8" display etc, standard speakers etc).  I would have liked to have an underseat subwoofer but didn't notice this or advised when I purchased the car last year.  I have searched around on the web to see how easy it is to buy an underseat sub and install myself, but I haven't found much to help.  Ford do offer an install at around £180+. 

So my questions are:

How easy would this be to install an underseat sub myself? (will I need to run cables to battery or headunit?)

Has anybody had the sub installed by Ford? how does it sound? (with similar Ford Touch 8", standard speakers)

Cheers for the help in advance! :smile:

Wayne.

Once I convinced Trust Ford that they offered an underseat sub (which involved a trip to the Ford website, no really!), they quoted my £180+ for the sub itself plus fitting (which I'm still waiting a price on).  However, it shouldn't be that big a job in all honesty.  The sub Ford offer (on the fiesta at least, but I'd assume it will be the same for the focus) is this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Shops/Pioneer-WX120A-150-Powerful-Amplified-Subwoofer-System/B00L12UZ0Q

As you can see it is available much cheaper elsewhere.  Personally I will probably get the Alpine equivalent for my Fiesta as I've always preferred Alpine's sound.  I believe the Pioneer is a good unit though.  Just remember you are never going to get ear splitting bass from one of these, just some bottom end enhancement.  If you do decide to look at alternative units, stick to the likes of Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine rather than anything by Boss Audio or similar!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club