Do Not Sell My Personal Information

water in spark plug well

cod4

hi has anyone solved this. i.4 duratec 2004. ichecked mine had water in the rubber fins at the top of the ht cable where you hold to push on . and drips at the base. but on top where ht leads lay was bone dry. i have soaked bonnet with hose pipe to see if water can get in but no joy ialso have the new washer seals thanks for your help in advance.ps isucked water up with syringe it is clear so not coolant as that is bright green ish

even though the water was clean if you have replaced the washer jets i would get the core plugs checked.

even though the water was clean if you have replaced the washer jets i would get the core plugs checked.

I have had my washer-jets get blocked with suds from screen-wash, and needed repeated clearing with a pin. It may be more permanent if you fitted new jets, as I had to keep that pin inside the car permanently, despite using "HOLTS" concentrate. A bit of blockage will create a back-pressure of wash liquid, under the bonnet, and probably cause a leak there, when using the wash-wipe.

• 2 months later...

sorted. i put baby powder on top of the engine when it rained i can see where water is coming from .washer jets .sealed with sealent . job done did.

Excellent News!!! :)

hi

i had the same problem ford sorted it by replacing washer jets and putting seals on them they said it was a fault now have mk 7 titanium :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club