Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double DIN in my mk7 fiesta

James Freeman

Hi, I've got a '58 mk7 fiesta titanium. I really want to get a double din fascia adaptor so I can fit an apple car play head unit.

Ive found a few fascias, they're not very pretty but would do the job. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors?cat=259&limit=all

im not sure which one I need as with my current factory fitted screen/display, mine is the more square screen, not the narrow rectangular screen. Also the door lock and hazard buttons are mounted lower than those shown on the modified fascias. Has anyone done this before and have you used a quite online to follow?

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Can I use my existing USB slot near the handbrake to connect to the new head unit? I'd imagine if need an adaptor of sorts?

2) I've read online that you can get harness adopters for the steering wheel controls, but can the voice button on the indicator stalk be used to activate Siri?

3) can the microphone current installed in the car be used with the new head unit?

I've never done anything  like this before so advice/instructions would be so helpful.

Many thanks,

James