• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 simkoi

simkoi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 02
Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

hi ,the heater blower on my 2002 1.6 focus will only work on posistion 4 maxed out ! does nothing at posistions 1,2 or 3,,,any sugestions,,thanks sime....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mjt

mjt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Ford Model: 03 Focus Mk1.5 Estate 1.8 TDCi Ghia

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

An ordinary manual blower speed control usually uses a tapped resistor. As you switch to slower speeds more of the resistor is brought into circuit. My guess would be that the first section of the resistor has gone open-circuit.

Blower.jpg

#3 simkoi

simkoi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 02
Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

An ordinary manual blower speed control usually uses a tapped resistor. As you switch to slower speeds more of the resistor is brought into circuit. My guess would be that the first section of the resistor has gone open-circuit.

Blower.jpg

many thanks for ur reply m8,,sounds like a good place to start ! was looking on ebay and the resistor's seam quite cheap,,have you any idea where their situated on the car and how easy they are to change?,,many thanks...sime

#4 mjt

mjt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Ford Model: 03 Focus Mk1.5 Estate 1.8 TDCi Ghia

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

The resistor is fixed to the blower motor. From the description in the Haynes it doesn't seem to be too difficult to get the motor out but I've never tried it. I'd strongly recommend you get a Haynes manual (no. 4167).

#5 jocojohn

jocojohn

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hi,
My son had the same problem with his 1999 1.6 Focus. It turned out to be a faulty blower switch on the dashboard. We did manage to open up the switch to clean the contacts but it was very fiddly and only lasted a short while. A new switch cured the problem, I think it was about 15, John

#6 siddo

siddo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6LX
Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

hi ,the heater blower on my 2002 1.6 focus will only work on posistion 4 maxed out ! does nothing at posistions 1,2 or 3,,,any sugestions,,thanks sime....

hi, i have just joined the forum (should have done this yesterday!!!!) The very same thing happened to my 2003 1.6 focus. I had to travel 16 miles to have it checked out as the local dealer did not have an aircon tester. The local dealer is 1/2 a mile away. I was charged 140.15 for a new resistor to be fitted. The part only cost 9.28 ex vat. Does anyone know the complaints procedure for Ford dealerships? All they have on their website is an insurance complaints procedure.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users