Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot issue

rah^

So as of today my boot button has stopped / works on rare occasions I have tried to get in (59 plate fiesta)

Could this be as simple as a small switch thats easy to swap out?

does the boot release on the remote fob? if it does then a new switch on tailgate required.

Mine just went today too on my 2010 fiesta. Seems it is a common problem. Switch costs 28 plus vat from my dealer.

i looked for a guide on how to do it. Some say in through the inside of tailgate removing the wiper motor for access but another guy says you can do it easily from outside just gently prising the old one out.

cheers

vin

I done mine tonight, right enough it's quite easy from outside . Use rags to keep screwdrivers from damaging paintwork when you prise the old one out . Remove the number plate to make it easier as it does get in the way . Once it's out of the aperture disconnect the wiring plug , connect your new one and push it into place.

cheers 

vin

Cheers guys - I thought my first hunch was right! I'll get onto it this weekend and have it replaced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club