Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Kerbed My Wheel

MarkyR

I'll try and take a photo tomorrow but I managed to kerb my back left hand alloy today :( :( :( I had to pick someone up on the way to work and never been to there house before, had to come out of this little car park with a sharp corner with high kerb.

It's not really bad, just p*****g annoying as it's so new.

But my tracking has been off since I got the car anyway, I was going to wait till the 3 month check up but may take it in sooner now as it should be fixed for free right?

I have been looking tonight on the cost of wheel repair, they varies an awful lot and I'm not sure if it's worth it, need to find a decent one near me to.

Just annoyed, at myself more then anything as it's my fault!!

I'll try and take a photo tomorrow but I managed to kerb my back left hand alloy today :( :( :( I had to pick someone up on the way to work and never been to there house before, had to come out of this little car park with a sharp corner with high kerb.

It's not really bad, just p*****g annoying as it's so new.

But my tracking has been off since I got the car anyway, I was going to wait till the 3 month check up but may take it in sooner now as it should be fixed for free right?

I have been looking tonight on the cost of wheel repair, they varies an awful lot and I'm not sure if it's worth it, need to find a decent one near me to.

Just annoyed, at myself more then anything as it's my fault!!

yes i've done the same (thought it was the end of the world :(), small chip on the front left hand side, and i bought this repair kit off eBay and it works a charm. i'm not saying the scuff/chip aint there no more but it hides it (when looking from a distance)

I'm going quite well with the alloys - not a mark on them, but i scuffed the unserside of the front bumper on the left hand side..

Only visible to me as i know its hiding under there.

A little crouch down and you can see it - whats the best thing for that?

Having looked at it, I've decided to just leave it as it's not noticeable as you can see from my photos:

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031-1.jpg

And my current milage after 2 and a half weeks. I drive a 40 mile round trip to get to work:

IMG_0026.jpg

thats pathetic kerbing!

which i suppose is a good thing!

thats pathetic kerbing!

which i suppose is a good thing!

hahaha, yeah it is really. I'll tell you what it looked 10 times bigger yesterday!! It's certainly not worth the £65 or more it'l cost to repair.

nah it isn't. i'm refurbing some allloy wheels and filling in the scuffs on the edges with a metal filler, its magic stuff!

The ZS has black speedo surrounds rather than the silver on the zetec/titanium, didnt realise that.

The ZS has black speedo surrounds rather than the silver on the zetec/titanium, didnt realise that.

yep .. want to change mine and put the silver one on but looks like a big job lol

kerbed one of mine too - and worse than that - accidents ahappen I guess and as it was my own fault there is no point getting all bitter about i. I guess having less rubber means you are more likely to do it. If I have managed to do them all in a year or two I will get them all re-furbished and re-painted in titanium I reckon . . .

kerbed one of mine too - and worse than that - accidents ahappen I guess and as it was my own fault there is no point getting all bitter about i. I guess having less rubber means you are more likely to do it. If I have managed to do them all in a year or two I will get them all re-furbished and re-painted in titanium I reckon . . .

That's what I'm going to do I think. Although I'm kinda hoping I DON'T kerb all of them!!! :lol:

That's what I'm going to do I think. Although I'm kinda hoping I DON'T kerb all of them!!! :lol:

Oh I am sure it will only be a few slight ones Mark - as long as you don't let a woman park it for you (waits for the stones to be thrown! LOL)

Oh I am sure it will only be a few slight ones Mark - as long as you don't let a woman park it for you (waits for the stones to be thrown! LOL)

Try bricks lol - I've not kerbed mine (yet) and I am rubbish at parking.

Hahahaha, you like living on a dangerous path? I shall try and be careful from now on.

Just wondering weather to get my tracking checked now or wait for the cars check up?? I also found the source of my squeaking that was coming from the back, I took the parcel shelf out and it was still there so this morning when I drove to work I folded the seats down and there was no squeaking at all. So it's something to do with the back seats?? No idea what though. Any help appreciated.

I'm glad to say my wheels are untouched which I'm really surprised about!!!!

Not half as much as we are Amy!

;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club