Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service - What do they do?

Trewithy

My Fiesta is soon going in for its 1st 12 month service. I've looked in the handbook but it doesn't say what work is carried out for any of the scheduled services. After the oil & filter change, pollen filter change and tyre pressure check what else do they do?

Instruments,warning lights,horn,clutch operation,washers,wipers,exterior lights,handbrake, seatbelts,coolant for strength,leaks.battery, steering, suspension,ball joints, gaiters, engine/transmission leaks, tyres for damage/wear.

Road-test.

0.7hrs

And few other checks , you get the idea though.

iantt,

Just looked on etis - thanks.

no problem, as you can see its not just an oil and filter change like most on here keep moaning on about. been there , done that , got the t shirt. lol

My first service is on 4th April and they said they need the car for 3 hours.

Bit longer than normally experienced.

• Like 1

probably keeping you waiting as its you. lol

• Like 2

If they keep me waiting unneccesarily then I'll park up outside the dealership and do random stop checks :whip:

• Like 1

When I book my car in for a service I insist on a courtesy car and because of my working hours I drop it in the day before (after work) and go back the next day after phoning for confirmation that my car is ready. If it's not then I tell them I'll see them tomorrow. They soon get their skates on lol

• Like 1

Sit and wait. Mine was done in an hour... And cost £140 (which I thought was just about "ok").

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

With regards to ETIS for the service, do you have to register yourself or anything like that as a Techy? Clicked on service and asked me to register and it come up as independent Repairer? 

Ive just checked, and you dont have to register or login.