Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

m.o.t hornet

richard150

just got the hornet m.o.ted  ( fireblade next ) flew though so took it a run first one of the year , but it was cold still it was enjoyable  round on the warm weather

• Like 2

Had my first run out yesterday, weather was lovely. Bit cold on the way home around 6pm.

image.thumb.jpeg.a50774e8d6685767f5f1f5a

I use my bike as much as possible for commuting. But a couple of weekends ago my partner and me ventured out for breakfast on them. We came back to the usual reaction - A couple giggling at the size difference. :D 

IMG_20160306_104516.jpg

2 hours ago, Arwen said:

I use my bike as much as possible for commuting. But a couple of weekends ago my partner and me ventured out for breakfast on them. We came back to the usual reaction - A couple giggling at the size difference. :D 

IMG_20160306_104516.jpg

little and large

• Like 1

I want a Motorbike so bad!

My Mrs dosent want me getting one though and said she'll leave me if i do :tongue:!

Challange accepted i suppose as my folks are getting me lessons for my birthday :biggrin:

• Like 2

Tell her to shut the door on the way out, lol

• Like 2

Aye always make the right choice and take the bike as first priority mate lol

• Like 2

What is her reasoning behind not letting you have one? If it is the whole "they are dangerous and will kill you" thing then do your best to reassure her that you will be careful. Take some advanced riding courses/lessons (IAM are doing free assessment rides just now) and don't be a complete idiot when riding in front of her. Also spend money on the right protective clothing.
As Bilbo says.. it's a dangerous business, going out your door! 

Personally it really annoys me when people say "don't do/get X or I'll do Y". It is your life, live it the way you want too. Yes bikes can be dangerous, but so are many other hobbies.  

• Like 2

If I had a pound for everyone I've heard saying that, 'bikes are too dangerous'...

• Like 1

Problem with bikes is the same as cars...it's not your driving that's the issue but everyone else's!  Obviously the difference is you don't have a big metal cage on a bike...

Must admit, I've got no interest in them, but I wouldn't tell someone not to get one, make your own decisions. :smile: 

She knows someone who lost thier Partner in a bike accident and is wrried about that, Not to mention when i had a Moped i was hit by a Corsa!

I love Bikes and it would make me happy to have one, so weather that is selfish or what I would still get one regardless if she were to leave, If someone stops you doing one thing they'll stop you doing more :tongue:.

Doubt she would leave anyway..............................

I have a similar issue. I used to ride bikes, the last one being a CBR 600FK. The Mrs will not let me buy another bike no matter what and her reasoning is ridiculous. I never came off a bike in all the years I had one. There were a few close shaves as a result of car drivers being stupid getting to and from work, but I learned to ride defensively. So I have to settle for an ST instead which isn't a bad compromise.

If she wont leave, change the locks. Lol

• Like 1

the wife knows if i say iam going to a motorbike shop i will be coming back with other bike 

I used to have a motorbike until I topsided it and haven't been on one since.  I'd love to go on one again + my soon to be wife wants to do her bike test as well.  Which I don't mind, especially if she gets the tight leathers lol.  Mines a confidence thing now + can't afford a car & a bike, I also have nowhere to put said bike

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

I used to have a motorbike until I topsided it and haven't been on one since.  I'd love to go on one again + my soon to be wife wants to do her bike test as well.  Which I don't mind, especially if she gets the tight leathers lol.  Mines a confidence thing now + can't afford a car & a bike, I also have nowhere to put said bike

mmm a female in tight leathers you say :ohmy:

I know the feeling, I once had a high side and debated calling it quits - calling it quits was a stupid idea and i got back on my bike :lol:

1 minute ago, stef123 said:

mmm a female in tight leathers you say :ohmy:

I know the feeling, I once had a high side and debated calling it quits - calling it quits was a stupid idea and i got back on my bike :lol:

Yes I'm starting to get a bit excited as well lol.  I was to chicken to get back on, not sure now though, a car doesn't give you the same thrill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

Yes I'm starting to get a bit excited as well lol.  I was to chicken to get back on, not sure now though, a car doesn't give you the same thrill.

Theres no thrill driving a car - lets be honest none of us on this forum can afford a supercar or if you can its likely you can peel an orange in your pocket too! I know that 0-100mph on my bike in around 5 seconds is a huge 'supercar' like acceleration thrill that i just couldnt get anywhere else lol.

• Like 3

Agreed! Driving on normal roads is not nearly as much fun as riding on normal roads. Even on my little 125cc, zipping around town and beating most cars off the line at traffic lights is great fun :D 

I think it depends what you've had before...  Having a fast car ruins slow cars...  The Focus still feels boringly slow to me on a stage 1 map but other people feel otherwise.  I can only assume the same happens after you've owned a bike...but the acceleration of those ruins all cars lol.

• Like 1

320 to 140 horses was a bit of a shock at first but soon got used to it , and now happy with it, cant use that power or speed on normal roads any way, I do miss not having a bike ( esp my gsxr600)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club