Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera / sensor question

MurdoD

Mate has just bought a 64 plate 1.5TDCI.. very nice. It has the touch screen on the dash but no camera in the licence plate light. Found a garage that will fit an OEM camera in the designed space.. question is, will this also enable the audio alert when getting close to things? Or is this separate sensors? I think he would benefit a lot from the beeping/tone as well as the camera...

The beeping requires the parking distance sensors in the bumper.

The camera will only produce a video feed and will almost certainly need turning on with IDS.

Thanks for the info. Any good sources for the sensors? Is there a mould/cap in the bumper for them?

The original rear view camera system consists of the camera itself, the (unpainted) bootlid with mounting hole for the original camera, the rear view camera (CANbus) module and some wiring looms.

The rear view camera input is softwarematically locked as standard. It will only become unlocked if the original rear view camera module and the original camera are detected. The rear view camera module unlocks the camera input of the display after the reverse gear has been selected.

The parts needed to retrofit the original rear view camera system are pretty expensive. All needed parts will cost approximately €750,-. Next to this the camera system needs to be activated in the Central Car Configuration.

Ah right ok so it's not the original camera that he is offering after all! Hmm not good! Don't think my mate will be paying 1k for the camera upgrade!

Hi Tezza, camera looks a perfect fit.

What is the process to fit to the system sync 2 ? Additional parts, software ??

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

5 hours ago, mayo10uk said:

Hi Tezza, camera looks a perfect fit.

What is the process to fit to the system sync 2 ? Additional parts, software ??

With mine being a pfl all i needed to do was mount the camera and buy this module and wire it in and just enable with elm :)

module.jpg.d84dc641572b0966c57672457936c

But with the FL with you cant use the same method as sync 2 does not use the same video output so you have to go down the oem route :(

I'm in the processes of doing this to a work collogue's ST 2.0D so will keep you posted if you like

Tezza  

• Like 1

where did you wire that module in to?

thanks for that, all extra needed i take it is an adapter from rca to fakra?

and did you get the module from russia ?

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

thanks for that, all extra needed i take it is an adapter from rca to fakra?

No the module controls the canbus so that when reverse is selected to activates the screen so the camera can work

I used one of these for the video input

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fakra-to-RCA-Video-Input-Adaptor-lead-Connector-CT29VW03-VW-Ford-Mercedes-/361115368959?hash=item5414273dff:g:6fIAAOSwa-dWoINL

And yes  from Russia 

good to hear someone has done the job and it works, will do mine at some point also. thanks

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

good to hear someone has done the job and it works, will do mine at some point also. thanks

Yes and all for under £75 :)  would still like the oem set up as the park pilot also shows up when the camera is on but i still get the bleeps

Just now, iantt said:

so you have reverse sensors?

Yes came out the factory with them fitted :) 

ive put aftermarket sensors with a module that puts park pilot on the display and bleeps out Speakers like oem, i wonder how thats going to work with camera input.

Hi Tezza,

I did see a program that you can enable on 2015 + vehicles using a elm cable.

Please keep me updated ! I would very much like to add this feature my last focus had it and regret not having it now :-( instead I opted for a city pack.

1 minute ago, iantt said:

ive put aftermarket sensors with a module that puts park pilot on the display and bleeps out speakers like oem, i wonder how thats going to work with camera input.

i would say just like mine you get the screen with the distance bars and the bleep's

Have you check your screen to see if you have the white/cream input for the camera ?

FoCCCus configure edit you can update for rear camera by the looks of it

Hi Tezza, no what am I looking for and where ?

Just now, mayo10uk said:

FoCCCus configure edit you can update for rear camera by the looks of it

FoCCCus does not yet support the mk3.5 unless i have missed a update lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club