Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black trim

titanium_s_spec

whatdo you peeps use for all the black trim door pillars roof strips etc etc because the stuff i use seems to run of onto paintwork while driving and leaves streaks..

whatdo you peeps use for all the black trim door pillars roof strips etc etc because the stuff i use seems to run of onto paintwork while driving and leaves streaks..

Hi, best stuff to use is autoglym. The pro car cleaners use it. Anything by them is top notch.

Autoglym make a number of good products, however they are outshone by many other manufacturers. They're plastic and vinyl care for example isn't up to much in my book.

Believe it or not, the best enhancers for plastic trim I have found are peanut butter and ground nut oil. Going sparingly and it brings things up a treat. With a decent wax you can then seal in the shine without leaving white marks. If you must use a 'product', try some Sonus Total Eclipse.

Autoglym make a number of good products, however they are outshone by many other manufacturers. They're plastic and vinyl care for example isn't up to much in my book.

Believe it or not, the best enhancers for plastic trim I have found are peanut butter and ground nut oil. Going sparingly and it brings things up a treat. With a decent wax you can then seal in the shine without leaving white marks. If you must use a 'product', try some Sonus Total Eclipse.

would banarma seal it in.. and is it crunchy or smooth... :lol: :P

theres always dodo trim sealent.

bit harder to get hold of but Gtechniq C4 trim sealent ( have a look on DW forum )

and the last one id suggest is sonus trim & motorkote

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

There are quite a few products out there that do the job. But it really depends on the finish you want.

Autoglym rubber & vynal cleaner is perfect for the out of showroom look. With out the gloss look.

Then there is Autoglym Bumper Care. More of a glossy finish product.

Then, your better but more expensive products are DoDo Juice, Poorboys to name but a few.

If you have a look on our site, everything you will need is there. All though, not all the dodo products are listed yet, as we are waiting for a delivery.

Hope that helps.

All the best

Nick

• 1 month later...

My trim is covered in white polish marks, especially the strips on the roof :(

Any one got a good way of removing these marks for good?, or am i stuck with them :(

I have tried Megs Trim detailer but have found its pretty rubbish as runs when it rains.

My trim is covered in white polish marks, especially the strips on the roof :(

Any one got a good way of removing these marks for good?, or am i stuck with them :(

I have tried Megs Trim detailer but have found its pretty rubbish as runs when it rains.

Ground nut oil - I have a separate detailing brush for it. Dab on, wipe of excess, job's a good'un.

Can this be bought out of Asda etc?

And thanks for the reply

Sure can, cheapest detailing product I have :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club