Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MODS!!!

JonnWhite

Morning Everyone!

SO i'm on fiesta no. 2 and now want to MOD this one. 

Im thinking

Full LED light set?

See if Sync 2 will fit? Or change the radio for something Sync 2 like and put a reversing camera in. Already has sync 1 it's okay but mum's new car has sync 2 and im a little jealous!!

I like Xeon headlights any way to get em? And maybe the LED DRL's? Mine like naff compared to my mums C-Max.

Electric windows in the back? I saw a guide for someone putting them in the front, but all round would be brill!

Has anyone successfully added Cruise control to their car? For apparently can't add it after factory which is pants :(

Also powerfold mirrors?

The list is long, but i doubt its as long as some of you! If anyone has any good recommendations please lemme know! 

Pictures are below not great and its a bit dirty

IMG_2194.thumb.jpg.17ba0409fead3252c4eb9IMG_2195.thumb.jpg.0322daa7b0d9ff7e4fda7

• Like 1

Sorry what's sync 2? I'm a little out of it haha 

It's sync with the radio,climate control, sat nave and phone all on one touch screen

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ohh ok I must have sync 1 with not having a touch screen 

Saw a car with LED's in the number plate lights the other day, looked stupid as all I could see was a mass of white light at the back of the car. 

16 hours ago, E5GDM said:

Saw a car with LED's in the number plate lights the other day, looked stupid as all I could see was a mass of white light at the back of the car. 

They're good - when they have been carefully chosen. The bulb holders on the Fiesta are sideways, so my bulbs only had 2 LED's on the side of it - It lights my Reg lights up perfectly with white light - but not overly bright. If I had my full bulb shining down it would be too bright so luckily I came out lucky! 

Would you have a link for these bulbs please? I'm looking to change all of the bulbs if possible. Any recommendations?

8 hours ago, JonnWhite said:

Would you have a link for these bulbs please? I'm looking to change all of the bulbs if possible. Any recommendations?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161629831750?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=460904573730&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I had these (3rd time lucky, had 2 bad sets of different lights before these) and these seem pretty good! - no burning like I had in last bulbs haha - and a very good light - perfect for reg IMO 

On 19/03/2016 at 10:38 AM, JonnWhite said:

Full LED light set?

See if Sync 2 will fit? Or change the radio for something Sync 2 like and put a reversing camera in. Already has sync 1 it's okay but mum's new car has sync 2 and im a little jealous!!

I like Xeon headlights any way to get em? And maybe the LED DRL's? Mine like naff compared to my mums C-Max.

Electric windows in the back? I saw a guide for someone putting them in the front, but all round would be brill!

Has anyone successfully added Cruise control to their car? For apparently can't add it after factory which is pants :(

Also powerfold mirrors?

An LED conversion is pretty simple as pretty much all the bulbs, interior lights, boot, sidelights and number plate will be the 501 type. To change the number plate bulbs put a thin screwdriver through the hole just next to the plastic cover and use the end to push towards the plastic. The whole unit will then come out. Interior lights just prize out of position from one side. 

A SYNC 2 conversion isn't possible as far as I know and is only available on US spec fiestas.

You can install HID bulbs for your low beam as you have projector headlights. Note doing this is not legal and will technically fail an MOT, although most places will turn a blind eye. Before you decide on HIDs it might be worth looking at the website below as the LED Bulbs they do on there have got some really good reviews, though I haven't tried them myself.

http://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/

Not sure on the electric windows but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Cruise control can be activate by Ford if you can find a dealer willing to do it. You will also need to install the required hardware i.e. steering wheel with controls.

Not sure on the power fold mirrors.

right so im going to get the bulb kit from carenhancements :D 

I surley just need to find two rear motors? and check for wiring etc. 

My local dealer are a pain and wont do it - so ill have to find another. I know it's a big ish job but ill just have to find the parts.

I'm unsure what to do about powerfold, ill have a gander.

Thanks!

Jon. 

anyone know of any parts sites?

Quick update: the power fold mirrors cannot be activated even if the hardware is present. You would have to change the body control module so it's basically a no go.

The rear windows could be done but it would require a fair bit of DIY wiring combined with the parts required.

Everyone tends to use: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

But eBay would be your cheapest option, if you could get what you needed.

Failing that try your local breakers yard.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club