Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2011-Titanium , 1.6L Duratec Ti-VCT (123PS) Power

montyburns

44 minutes ago, kpg said:

I have a Green Cotton air filter that's been in the car for a while. It could do with a clean mind you but it the same shape/dimensions as the KN filter just without the removable bung. I may purchase that one maybe and give it a go but I'm going to give the one I have a good clean first. Hopefully after that it should make a bit of difference. I plan to get an exhaust done pretty soon too so that should all add up.

Water Ingress: I wouldn't imagine anymore water getting in there than when the rubber thing was on. It wasn't exactly a tight fit and as far as I could see it didn't really look like it block any water/debris. I'll see how it goes, I spose if it comes to it I could just put it back in again.

"Rubber thing?" mine is plastic. Are we talking about the same part? Mine is made from plastic. I think it acts as a shield to prevent direct access from foreign objects and maybe water. If I was you I'd put that part back on.

Have you got the lid on your airbox? Some leave it off, I left mine on.

I have a Green Cotton air filter that's been in the car for a while. It could do with a clean mind you but it the same shape/dimensions as the KN filter just without the removable bung. I may purchase that one maybe and give it a go but I'm going to give the one I have a good clean first. Hopefully after that it should make a bit of difference. I plan to get an exhaust done pretty soon too so that should all add up.

Water Ingress: I wouldn't imagine anymore water getting in there than when the rubber thing was on. It wasn't exactly a tight fit and as far as I could see it didn't really look like it block any water/debris. I'll see how it goes, I spose if it comes to it I could just put it back in again.

"Rubber thing?" mine is plastic. Are we talking about the same part? Mine is made from plastic. I think it acts as a shield to prevent direct access from foreign objects and maybe water. If I was you I'd put that part back on.

Have you got the lid on your airbox? Some leave it off, I left mine on.

Hmm. That pic I posted, the 'frame' looking piece is definitely made of flimsy rubber. I was able to make a slice in it with extreme ease. Do you have a pic of the piece you are talking about? I left my air box lid on as without it I'd imagine there would be quite a bit of hot air sucked in.

Maybe I'm wrong about the material. It felt like plastic, but I did not remove it so no pictures. The sides of the frame felt like they had loose segments which felt like they could easily be removed with a bit of a hard tug. No photos to show i'm afraid - doubt I could have got a good shot of it in situ anyway as its a tight space

To be clear, was the frame part you removed located directly below the snorkel or from somewhere else?

I think the snorkel delete, combined with a performance filter is such a good mod, is there a way to change the thread name to share our success story?

• Like 1

Yes it was directly below the snorkel and held in place by two metal clips, one at each side. Removed the clips and pulled it out. I think a moderator has to change the title for you. Alternatively you could start another thread with the title which could get stickied for other people to see. But yea it's a really easy mod and for the difference it makes I would recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club