Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED DRLs

jonny_sniper93

Hey all,

Anybody know the best/cheapest place to buy the standard LED DRL headlight unit from (the factory fitted ones you get on the ST/Titanium and now on all models above the Studio I believe)? Or if Ford dealers such as Evans Halshaw will do them? I've got a ZS Black and Red Edition that I bought on Sept 1st 2015 and I've now noticed that the 2016 models have these headlights and I'm a little jealous.

Cheers

Jonny

Any Ford dealer will be able to get them.

Fordpartsuk tend to offer very competitive pricing on genuine parts (it is operated by Foray an official Ford dealer group).

I don't know if the looms are the same though, and they'll probably need turning on with IDS.

Any competent Ford dealer should be able to work out what you need to get them working.

• Like 1

I seem to remember reading on here that the connections are different.  Some reports are that you need to get the garage update the ecu software to get them to work while others suggest they don't work at all.  I'd certainly be very careful buying them as they are not cheap £300+ each side I think.

• Like 1

Ordered mine 29/09/15 and registered on 15/10/15, mine came with the Drl`s and the rear led`s.

You must have just missed out !!

12 hours ago, paul950 said:

Ordered mine 29/09/15 and registered on 15/10/15, mine came with the Drl`s and the rear led`s.

You must have just missed out !!

I ordered mine 20/07/15 and registered 01/09/15. It is stated that all models after May 2015 have the new lights so I can only assume that my car was produced pre-May 2015 and was just sat in group stock until someone like me came along and bought it. 

If you look on etis, it will give you the build date.

3 hours ago, jonny_sniper93 said:

I ordered mine 20/07/15 and registered 01/09/15. It is stated that all models after May 2015 have the new lights so I can only assume that my car was produced pre-May 2015 and was just sat in group stock until someone like me came along and bought it. 

Just re-checked Etis and my build date was the 29/09/15, so ordered a few weeks earlier

1 minute ago, paul950 said:

Just re-checked Etis and my build date was the 29/09/15, Mine was a factory order as I added most of the extras, so not available pre made.

On 3/22/2016 at 0:48 PM, paul950 said:

Just re-checked Etis and my build date was the 29/09/15, so ordered a few weeks earlier

Okay so I just checked and mine was built in March 2015 but registered 1st September 2015 so that's why it doesn't have the lights as it is pre-May 2015 (it was probably in the warehouse so long because nobody wanted one with the sat nav haha). This is kind of annoying though because I waited ~10 weeks from ordering just for the new reg. I should have just done a factory order which takes 12 weeks then I would've got the new lights. 

58 minutes ago, jonny_sniper93 said:

Okay so I just checked and mine was built in March 2015 but registered 1st September 2015 so that's why it doesn't have the lights as it is pre-May 2015 (it was probably in the warehouse so long because nobody wanted one with the sat nav haha). This is kind of annoying though because I waited ~10 weeks from ordering just for the new reg. I should have just done a factory order which takes 12 weeks then I would've got the new lights. 

That's a bummer, would have thought the sales person would have told you it would be a 2015 and not a 2016 model !! but I guess it comes down to a sale for them and as it had been in storage for a while there profit margin was probably a bit bigger to sell it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club