Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigger Engine Needed

TonyEssex

The fiesta is lacking a 2.0 litre engine, why you ask, well tonight on an dual carriageway, a vauxhall zafira was out accelerating me, the horror!

grrrrr

with these new eco boost engines i can see the rs fiesta being designed during 2010, so do i get the mountune or not? I would guess the rs fiesta is a possible for 2011

The fiesta is lacking a 2.0 litre engine, why you ask, well tonight on an dual carriageway, a vauxhall zafira was out accelerating me, the horror!

grrrrr

but you forgot to tell us it was a vxr zafira and yes u can get them..

grrrrr

What Zafira was it? If it was a GSI, then thats not so shocking.

Dunno, I had a Zafira VXR that couldn't keep up with me the other day. Might be a weight thing, my guy might've been fully laden. He wasn't far off but couldn't quite keep up, and it seems I had a much higher top speed or he didn't want to push it.

On a similar topic: On a private road I've had my 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium 'off the clock' on the speedo (130 mph), The rated is only 120. Might be the wind like but 10mph over the stated!!;) It's factory standard, but with the full dress up kit. Took a short while to get there like... anyone else tried this?

On a private road I've had my 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium 'off the clock' on the speedo (130 mph), The rated is only 120. Might be the wind like but 10mph over the stated!!;) It's factory standard, but with the full dress up kit. Took a short while to get there like... anyone else tried this?

I've never tried it, but always wanted to find out. My mate has an 07 1.4 Astra SXi and he said he's done well over 120mph in that, and it's down in the official figures as being much slower. Oh and I have no access to a 'private road' to try it on ;)

Also curious as to what the actual real life 0-60 time of the Ti-VCT is, might try it one day :) don't suppose you've had a play around doing a 0-60 run?

i have a private road called the m10 near me lovelly couple miles straight love lt speacially at 04:30 in the morning ;) ;) :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Not bad for a fezzi......going fast in a car doesn't really do it for me thats's one of the reason's i only have a 1.25 lol. Memories of doing 160'ish on my mates yamaha r6 come flooding back lol :P

On a similar topic: On a private road I've had my 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium 'off the clock' on the speedo (130 mph), The rated is only 120. Might be the wind like but 10mph over the stated!!;) It's factory standard, but with the full dress up kit. Took a short while to get there like... anyone else tried this?

I wonder what the real speed was? I've had the Fiesta upto 110 on the gauge*, but my GPS informs me it's actually nearer 101. UK speedos seem to get pretty inacurate over a ton.

*shortly after I ran out of runway and had to slow down... Or take off!! :P

Chris...

I wonder what the real speed was? I've had the Fiesta upto 110 on the gauge*, but my GPS informs me it's actually nearer 101. UK speedos seem to get pretty inacurate over a ton.

*shortly after I ran out of runway and had to slow down... Or take off!! :P

Chris...

i no it cant be true but my gps is often out with the speedo in various vehicles i drive car,limo,lorry, so what is correct i just hope my speedo in car is incorrect or i feel a ticket coming my way 37 ish in a thirty then hit brakes to 28 when i saw van so lets hope it did not see me first and the annoying thing is that i should not of been there.

i no it cant be true but my gps is often out with the speedo in various vehicles i drive car,limo,lorry, so what is correct i just hope my speedo in car is incorrect or i feel a ticket coming my way 37 ish in a thirty then hit brakes to 28 when i saw van so lets hope it did not see me first and the annoying thing is that i should not of been there.

Whatever car I use it in, my satnav tedns to be about 3mph below the speedo reading. I wouldn't put much stock on the satnav readings anyway since position updates aren't that accurate.

Speedos all over-read (unless they've been tweaked) as they are not allowed to under-read - so manufacturers always put them on the safe side. It used to be 10% (ish) but its more like 5% these days as digital instruments are more acurate than fully mechanical ones.

(takes off auto-motive geek hat)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club