Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Focus radiator fan wont turn on

Andres

Hi. I have a 2004 1.4l petrol Ford Focus. The radiator fan wont turn on at all. 

Checked the fuses and none of them were blown. I connected 2 wires from the battery straight to the fan plug and the fan turned on straight away with no problems. From reading on google then it seems to be the resistors fault. Where exactly is the resistor located ? google images only brings up the resistor location for the cars that have 2 fans. I only have one

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The resistor is usually mounted next to the fan, does the fan have  a 6 pin connector connecting it to the wiring harness with only 2 wires in it ?

Resistor is only if you have A/C, not sure for Focus's but the resistor was removed from Fiesta's around this era so fan was just a single high speed fan if A/c was installed or not.

16 hours ago, Dan62 said:

The resistor is usually mounted next to the fan, does the fan have  a 6 pin connector connecting it to the wiring harness with only 2 wires in it ?

Resistor is only if you have A/C, not sure for Focus's but the resistor was removed from Fiesta's around this era so fan was just a single high speed fan if A/c was installed or not.

Yep its a 6 pin connector with only 2 wires. The car doesn't have A/C. Could it be the relay then or the plug itself that plugs into the fan connector?

Could be relay or connector.

Relay is K45 and fuse is F65 on the attached pic.

BJB-1.jpg