Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First service and paint flaw

zetecpete

Had my first service to-day at 7,500 miles,also on my list:

Rattle on passenger side door-fixed--broken clip.

Noise from clutch peddle-fixed--lubricated.

Doors don't always close-could'nt find fault.

Noise from suspension-lubicated suspension.

No software update needed.

Bonnet hinge adjusted re/panel gap-sort of fixed,still a gap showing.

Pointed out small bubble to centre of drivers side door-photographed and sent to ford,

within an hour i received a call from the garage sister franchise (where the paint shop is )

and they want the car in next wednesday to fix,added that it was dirt trapped under the paint.Warranty covered just within 12 months!

Courtesy car sorted,not bad service.Cost re/above including odour filter,oil and filter change,screen wash---£110.00.

ps just spotted a further small blemish while detailing,i'll mention that as well on wednesday! Anyone else having paint probs?

Had my first service to-day at 7,500 miles,also on my list:

Rattle on passenger side door-fixed--broken clip.

Noise from clutch peddle-fixed--lubricated.

Doors don't always close-could'nt find fault.

Noise from suspension-lubicated suspension.

No software update needed.

Bonnet hinge adjusted re/panel gap-sort of fixed,still a gap showing.

Pointed out small bubble to centre of drivers side door-photographed and sent to ford,

within an hour i received a call from the garage sister franchise (where the paint shop is )

and they want the car in next wednesday to fix,added that it was dirt trapped under the paint.Warranty covered just within 12 months!

Courtesy car sorted,not bad service.Cost re/above including odour filter,oil and filter change,screen wash---£110.00.

ps just spotted a further small blemish while detailing,i'll mention that as well on wednesday! Anyone else having paint probs?

Yes I have got paint problems , mines got a problem on the offside passenger inner wheel arch its as if they have sprayed over sand paper :(

Yes I have got paint problems , mines got a problem on the offside passenger inner wheel arch its as if they have sprayed over sand paper :(

Yes rear drivers side door large patch of inclusions up near window, decided to keep an eye on it and see if has got bigger just before paint warranty runs out, whenever ive had paint inclusions done before, always been able to see it afterwards, so lesser of the two evils for me is leave as is, only get done if really necessary.........

I have something like a paint run on my rear passenger side wheel arch. After a lot of haggling I have obtained some compensation from Ford. Not enough but at least better than nothing. Shame such a good car has these silly defects.

My Sea Grey titanium has a mild patina effect on the lower panels. It's not easy to see unless you are up close, but it's a sure sign the gun wasn't set right / was clogging for the spray.

Chris...

Paint flaw update: My car was returned to me to-day,after three days in a mk6 fiesta,which i must say build quality (including paint) is much better than the mk7. Paint problem to centre of drivers door now fixed,due to dirt embedded under the paint. Good job done under warranty,but really should have been picked up from the start including it's PDI! On a more positive note after first service the engine is running like a dream,seem's quicker too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club