Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's This?? is it causing my squeak?

MarkyR

Right, I have had a good look for my potential squeak today, I couldn't find anything loose, but when I had both the back seats folded down the other day and I drove to work the squeak was gone so I know it must be related to the back seats.

Whilst looking I found the following loose on the boot floor stuck in the middle of the 2 seat back half's, I assume it goes on the bracket the hinges are on? Can someone do me a favour and take a look where it goes exactly as it could be the cause of my squeak?

Thanks.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Anyone? :(

I may hav also found a paint defect whilst washing it this afternoon, I shall take a picture tomorrow. Between the front passenger side headlight and foglight there is a small black thing. Not sure what it is, but it's like fibre and chewing gum in one when you try to take it off. It's embedded in the paintwork.

Right, been out in the cold and dark, and took this:

dsc02128.jpg

Thanks very much mate, that's where I put it but it was slightly curved so it threw me of a bit.

Hmm, don't think it will stop my squeak.

That's a pretty good photo too by the way. I took mine with my iPhone as me camera battery is flat.

Thanks very much mate, that's where I put it but it was slightly curved so it threw me of a bit.

Hmm, don't think it will stop my squeak.

That's a pretty good photo too by the way. I took mine with my iPhone as me camera battery is flat.

Not a problem - any excuse to go and look at/play with my new car!

Ironically that photo was just a 'point and shoot' effort on my 5 year old compact digital, which just happended to be on the coffee table - wish I could take some credit for good photography, but that was all down to Sony! :lol:

hi, I had the same problem with the rear seats. Check out..

My topic called 'window rattle'

It moves onto the problem. Honest !

I had the same problem as you and I'm 99% sure that I know the answer:P

Pull down the back seat and oil the place (mount which goes into the back seat)... When you pull down the seat - the mount does not touch it so it doesn't squeak... oil it and put a small amount of oil in the mount into the back seat...

hope you'll understand what I mean:P

Yeah, I had the squeak on the right hand side. I've just got a bit of paper wedged in between for the time being and the squeak has gone!

It's a shame it does this in the first place though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club