Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tell me the mileage on your diesel, High or low!

carl325

Also remember the 1.6tdci in theMk3 is almost a different engine. they changed a lot of thing around the turbo and EGR to address the earlier issues, you also can't blank out the EGR on the later engines as they actually check the pressure either side of the egr to see if you blanked it and throw a wobbly if you do. Catch can is a pig to fit but can be done. DPF is easy to monitor as the ECU watches the pressure in and out so with OBD software you can see its state

• Like 1

MK2.5 Zetec 1.8 TDCi 59 reg 69k miles so far...

Two front wheel bearings, alternator (replaced on 6 month warranty when I bought it  second hand)

Serviced myself (fuel filter, air filter, charcoal cabin filter, oil filter, Bosch wiper blades and 5w30 fully synthetic oil change and EGR blanking plate fitted) Fixed faulty windscreen washers myself, cleaning out pre pump filter from washer tank. Dipped bulb replaced.

Garage replaced rear brake pads (would have done it myself but we were on holiday and one of the rear pads was sticking..) Two front tyres replaced.

Just passed MOT with two advisories, front wishbone rear bushes (both sides) deteorited but not providing excessive movement. (Will get them done)

Averaged 60.5 mpg from Aberdeen to Inverness and back (220 mile round trip) over the weekend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carl325 said:

Some good mileages there chaps. 

Hoping my mk2.5 will be as reliable, just wondering what sort of condition my DpF is in considering the car has only done 17,600 miles from new in 6 years! 

Probably not in a good state. Diesels with Dpf don't like short journeys without long runs at least once a month to be honest. Low mileage is a killer for cars with a dpf. Fingers crossed you don't have any issues with it but being coated they do burn the soot off at lower temps.

• Like 1

Its not low mileage that's an issue, its short journeys. DPF will be fine if they were mainly motorway trips

• Like 1

our 56 plate is around about 220000 miles.. Off for its MOT tomorrow 😊

• Like 4

Well I'm trying to rack up some miles on mine by taking it on longer journeys on high speed A roads. As I know nothing in how it was driven before I purchased I think I'm doing the right thing by taking it out for 40-50 mile runs at 70mph+

It drives spot on. I'm guessing the coated ones fitted to the 2.0 litre Tdci are slightly less troublesome?

4 hours ago, mustang86 said:

our 56 plate is around about 220000 miles.. Off for its MOT tomorrow 😊

That's an impressive enough mileage.  Do you have list of engine and mechanical issues that have needed fixing in that time as a guide to what I need to look forward to?

Mines on 114k miles and so far hasn't been too bad - just the usual service items plus DPF (86k), EGR (108k) delete as soon as they showed problems (kind of preventative measure), new battery (82k), reverse switch (101k), glow plugs (108k) and air con is out of action due to a radiator leak which I never got around to sorting out.  The front drivers outside door handle is playing up as well so I should look to take that apart sometime.

6 hours ago, madmole said:

Its not low mileage that's an issue, its short journeys. DPF will be fine if they were mainly motorway trips

True but to have done that amount of mileage over the time of the cars life then it probably has only been used mostly for short runs, probably owned by an older person who went out in it a couple of times a week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simcor said:

True but to have done that amount of mileage over the time of the cars life then it probably has only been used mostly for short runs, probably owned by an older person who went out in it a couple of times a week. 

I think you're probably right there. I might try and find out who owned it from the lookers dealer I got it from. I've got to.take it back for a bit of a minor bumper repair and the rain sensor/auto light sensor is not working. I turn the lights to auto even in bright sunshine they come on and the wipers just work like intermittent wipers would even when there's no water on the screen!! 

Any ideas on that?

Try turning your wipers off Carl. Sounds daft but with rain sensing wipers one tends to leave them on. I know I do.

Oh and as for low trip mileage journeys not warming up the exhaust. This morning I felt mine when I got to work and it was damn hot. I believe modern diesel engines warm up very quickly.

I've got a 2.0 tdci 2008 with 96,000 on the clock and it pulls like a train just about run in,

it thinks it's a sports car the way it goes, still gets on average 48mpg  wot  a car

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, south_bound said:

That's an impressive enough mileage.  Do you have list of engine and mechanical issues that have needed fixing in that time as a guide to what I need to look forward to?

Mines on 114k miles and so far hasn't been too bad - just the usual service items plus DPF (86k), EGR (108k) delete as soon as they showed problems (kind of preventative measure), new battery (82k), reverse switch (101k), glow plugs (108k) and air con is out of action due to a radiator leak which I never got around to sorting out.  The front drivers outside door handle is playing up as well so I should look to take that apart sometime.

engine wise, apart from the usual filters etc at about 190000 we had to have the radiator hose changed as the belt had chewed through it that's the only thing we have had done to the engine.. The past 3 years we've had wheel Barings done and suspension arms done, did 1000 miles in 24 hours when we moved up here and you couldn't tell 😁

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:55 PM, carl325 said:

I think you're probably right there. I might try and find out who owned it from the lookers dealer I got it from. I've got to.take it back for a bit of a minor bumper repair and the rain sensor/auto light sensor is not working. I turn the lights to auto even in bright sunshine they come on and the wipers just work like intermittent wipers would even when there's no water on the screen!! 

Any ideas on that?

They won't be able to give you info on previous owners due to confidentiality laws.

The wipers may need a new sensor, or a new pad between the sensor and screen.  Has it got the original screen or a new one?

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, tazzman600 said:

Oh and as for low trip mileage journeys not warming up the exhaust. This morning I felt mine when I got to work and it was damn hot. I believe modern diesel engines warm up very quickly.

It will be warm to the touch, but won't be 'hot' enough to regen for a while.  Needs to be like 500c inside the DPF to regen...if you can put your hand anywhere near it then its not hot enough lol.

That statement of mine Tom had no bearing to a regen but just how hot the car gets after a shortish journey.

Before I sold it and switched to an Ecoboost Focus this week, my 2008 1.8 TDCi had 104700+ miles on it. It had just had the clutch replaced but the fuel pump was gone and was disintegrating into the injectors (so I was told) so it was time for it to go!

• Like 1

My 2010 TDCi titanium has 27k!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And mines a 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 02/04/2016 at 7:27 PM, TomsFocus said:

They won't be able to give you info on previous owners due to confidentiality laws.

The wipers may need a new sensor, or a new pad between the sensor and screen.  Has it got the original screen or a new one?

Hi 

Yeah you're right on the confidentiality thing. 

Well I took it back to lookers ford in Sudbury where I got it from and they kindly replaced the whole windscreen FOC on the warranty as the sensor bracket was at fault apparently?

Took an extra day to get a screen as it's the Infrared screen on my car, just need new Wiper Blades to arrive now!

Decent result then!  The sensor bracket being 'at fault' might mean they broke it trying to refit the sensor lol.  I'm not sure it can just break for no reason, but either way you've got a new screen out of it. :biggrin: 

Be careful changing the Wiper Blades...doing that simple job was the reason I needed a new screen and now know how easily the wiper sensors break lol... :dry:

• Like 2

144,000 2.0 TDCI 2009.

I do a few miles.  Done the big stuff, timing belt etc, alternator died at about 70k which was annoying.  I've had the clutch and DMF done even though I think in hindsight it wasn't 100% ready.

At the moment its going well.  Does some odd things, vibration/miss at about 1900rpm but its done it since I bought it at 50k.  egr valve has been blanked since 60k, and now doesn't work (I removed the blank, it was terrrible, I put it back!).

Don't like to think about the DPF - I've not touched it, so its done 144k on the same juice. I do a lot of miles, but I assume at some point it will stop working?

• Like 2

109k on 56-2006 1.6tdci focus still running ok touch wood 

If looked after and preventative measures taken too deal with known issues I think these engines are fine.  At nearly 115k miles mine is running as well as it ever has and best mpg since new (64mpg over the last few tankfulls).  Going to spend a week driving around Corsica starting tomorrow so touch wood I won't regret making this comment. 

On 4/3/2016 at 8:13 PM, AaronF said:

Before I sold it and switched to an Ecoboost Focus this week, my 2008 1.8 TDCi had 104700+ miles on it. It had just had the clutch replaced but the fuel pump was gone and was disintegrating into the injectors (so I was told) so it was time for it to go!

RAC man told me never on 1.8 tdci, proves him wrong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club