Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tell me the mileage on your diesel, High or low!

carl325

Hi

just interested to see what mileage you guys have on your Diesel engines 

Mine has a paltry 17,600 on a 2010 plate mk2.5 tdci

43k 2012 Focus, average 25k miles a year 

• Like 1

95,605 so just about run in :tongue:

• Like 1

55 2006 1.6 TDCI 40 odd miles off hitting 90K miles.

• Like 1

58 plate 1.6 tdci MK2.5 86,000 miles

Edit

ooops, that's 86k, not 86000k, think I might be on to a world record of id have managed that :)

• Like 1

Dead on 62,400 as I parked up this evening lol.  2008 1.6 TDCi.

• Like 1

Coming upto 56k. 2011 1.6 tdci 

• Like 1

2005 92000 on clock

had timing belt /pump/rear /pads discs/drop links ford dealer

4 new tyres front /rear wiper blades/egr fitted possible remap

Edited by theredfox
  • Like 1

2013 - Just 3 years old 44,500 miles

• Like 1

And how reliable have your cars been? 

Any 2.0 owners among you?

No, we were all lured in by the cheap tax and promise of good MPG so bought 1.6s... :sad: 

So far I've had lots of DPF issues, and one faulty glow plugs issue which caused limp mode. 

• Like 2

This is the second MK2.5 1.6TDCI  I have had since April 2015 and so far been good. The previous 2008 MK2.5 1.6TDCI wasn't so good. The sensor in the ABS pump failed at 55K costing nearly £500 for replacement. Then at 80K I was suffering random power loss with 6 fault codes each time. Then I found the classic injector seal leak and as I was days away from doing a 1200 mile round trip for which I obviously needed a reliable car, I traded it in for the current 11 plate. This one is a higher spec and has the heated windscreen which was missing on the previous Style so no bad thing in the end.

• Like 1

2002 focus estate 1.8 tdci just hit a lil over 180,000 miles

Rev

• Like 2

Glow plugs, turbo, inter cooler hose, EGR valve, EGR cooler pipe, radiator and lower control arms so far. No major DPF problems but I suspect the DPF innards has been knocked out by the garage I bought it from when it went in for the glow plugs. Never gets blocked up as differential pressure is non existent all the time. Smokes like crazy when doing a Regen and Regen's several times a week but mostly probably due to the journeys I do. Should have got a petrol really but I like a turbo and can't afford a small petrol turbo car. It's not been great since I have owned it but cars are cars.

• Like 2

67k 2009 1.6tdci done a whole 2500 in a year lol only sits on my drive like an expensive ornament

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not broken down on me yet but it's had one rear wheel bearing, one fuel injector, a new MAF sensor and replaced middle and rear exhaust section.

Some other bits though not reliability related; a new driver's side wing mirror as some kid decided it'd be a great idea to kick it off, and a front bumper and panel from a Yodel delivery van reversing into it.

Keeping it until it dies completely/to see how many miles it'll go for

• Like 1

2013 (13) Fiesta just gone 54k

2015 (65) Focus just done 9k

I'm clocking up these miles daily...should consider living closer to work, or work closer to home 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carl325 said:

And how reliable have your cars been? 

Any 2.0 owners among you?

55 plate 2.0 with 155k, owned from 6 months old (Ford Direct purchase). Its been very reliable. Still on original clutch and exhaust. Second battery. Eats front tyres though :sad:

Had throttle body replaced under warranty. Alternator failed just outside warranty but Ford paid 50% as goodwill. It doesn't always start first time these days but when its started, it doesn't miss a beat. Aircon still works....been regassed 2 or 3 times. All the electrical stuff still works...central locking etc. Had to replace boot release switch. Had all 4 droplinks replaced recently but suspension arms and bushes, springs and shocks are original. Feels a bit soggy on the front these days. I love the car. Its like an old friend. The average speed indication is always about 35-36mph when I reset it on fuel fill ups. This means that since I bought it, I've spent about 4,400 hours behind the wheel which works out to 184 solid days driving it. I'll be sorry when I have to change it.

• Like 1

14 plate 1.6 on 19650 miles. I've put 7k miles on it in the year I've had it. No issues but wish I'd got the 2.0 litre lol

• Like 1

23k on a 2013 1.6 tdci. was only 4k when I got in in july  2013. Spider chip on it at 8K. Runs lovely. 58mpg last tank, mix of around central London and 100miles of M1

• Like 1

2009 1.8tdci  just turned 45.000 miles 

• Like 1

Some good mileages there chaps. 

Hoping my mk2.5 will be as reliable, just wondering what sort of condition my DpF is in considering the car has only done 17,600 miles from new in 6 years! 

ive spent a small fortune over the last couple of years on preventative maintenance and am please to report absolutely no serious problems at all.

with the 1.6 tdci you just need to fix the DPF,EGR and do 6k regular oil changes as a minimum.  everything else is just about keeping an eye on things like watch for leaking injectors, I installed an oil catch can as well just to help.  to be fair you probably don't need to fix the DPF but you do need to remember it will fill up, it will stop your car from working and it can contribute to turbo failure      

• Like 1