Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are insurance companies the modern highwaymen?

Ainarkar

Reading through the insurance threads and I can understand the frustrations people have with their insurance premiums. But then I think about my premium and think, surely the companies are adding an unnecessary 0 at the end of my premium?!!

I'd happily pay some of the premiums that are been quoted in here three/four times over and it would probably still come at half of what I'm being robbed of!

Three years ago I was silly enough to have bought a 7 year old Corsa (I know...never again, I learnt the hard way) and the insurers then were quoting me at least £2500 despite 5 years driving experience and no claims history! I ended up opting for a company/lease car with insurance/maintenance and recovery included which worked out cheaper than my insurance alone!

Three years on and they're still fleecing me for the same amount. That seems to be mostly due to some idiots that was driving around uninsured with false plates and failed to stop, and other low-lifes  who find it amusing to vandalise someone else property.

This isn't a rant, but I'm sure many others have experienced similar and knowing you're not alone will somewhat lessen the blow!

• 6 months later...

Yes they are the modern day version of Highway men, fleece you every change you get.   God damn money grabbing money spanking a-holes. :ph34r::ph34r:  but we need the cover to protect ourselves from the other idiots on the road and not to mention it .......its law. :whip:  

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty, I can't say I have had many issues with my insurance companies... I'm 22, I pay £602 a year for a 66' Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI - I have 6 points on my license and a claim against me. 

• 3 weeks later...

the entire game is a con, that said its a necessary evil. However, I have always been one to jump feet first into an argument with them where appropriate.

I just broke down the overall cost of a £25 admin fee, to about £2.76 on another thread...