Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MOT D day tomorrow

mustang86

wish us luck please ladies and gentlemen. Tomorrow is MOT day for the 56 plate focus with 220000 miles on the clock.. Hopefully it will keep on passing 😊

• Like 2

remember to wash it lol

• Like 2

thats right, clean cars pass when dirty ones fail.

you have picked the wrong day, statistically more cars fail on a monday than any other day.

• Like 4

im a dummy, just realised its monday today and not sunday. lol

• Like 1

I wake up Day Neutral until i go downstairs hahaha :-) and look at the calendar etc

Screenwash I Cry Screenwash top it up, most common failure point lol

Jamie

• Like 1

most common is tyres, lights , washers as you said james, all basic stuff that can be checked prior to taking car for mot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mustang86 said:

wish us luck please ladies and gentlemen. Tomorrow is MOT day for the 56 plate focus with 220000 miles on the clock.. Hopefully it will keep on passing 😊

Where are you putting it into?  If I remember right you are in Buckie so the options are limited :laugh:

We always used Tred Rite and they were decent with our cars when we lived there.

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Where are you putting it into?  If I remember right you are in Buckie so the options are limited :laugh:

We always used Tred Rite and they were decent with our cars when we lived there.

we use Cathcart garage in Buckie.. Seem pretty sound.. Failed on a suspension ball joint, so not as bad as we were expecting 😃

7 hours ago, mustang86 said:

we use Cathcart garage in Buckie.. Seem pretty sound.. Failed on a suspension ball joint, so not as bad as we were expecting 😃

Ah, that's one garage we never did use so I couldn't comment.  Before they shut down we were loyal to Millbank Garage across from the toy shop.  It has been demolished for years now, mind.  It was ran by an elderly gentleman if I remember right, so it is likely he died or retired and that resulted in the cease of trading. 

That's not too bad at all for such high mileage!  I'm almost tempted to take the 405 to Buckie for its MOT as I trust people there, not so sure about the garages here in Lossie...

• Like 1

Cathcart seems a good one.. We was recommended it from a friend when we moved up..

2 hours ago, mustang86 said:

Cathcart seems a good one.. We was recommended it from a friend when we moved up..

I'll bear that in mind, given that I plan on returning to Buckie/Findochty ASAP. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, iantt said:

most common is tyres, lights , washers as you said james, all basic stuff that can be checked prior to taking car for mot

also Wiper Blades such simple thing to change for mot pass

1 hour ago, theredfox said:

also wiper blades such simple thing to change for mot pass

You wouldn't believe the amount of vehicles I've checked the MOT history of and seen fails for "windscreen wiper does not clear windscreen effectively".  Admittedly our old Focus did fail once for the wipers, but in my defense I knew it would and didn't change them because I suspected (rightly) that it would fail on other items and wanted to see if it was worth repairing first.  Otherwise, it is stupid not to notice and replace!  How much does a new set of blades cost?  Heck, if you're really skint you can get them from Poundland. 

• Like 1

My sisters car had MOT today...she was complaining of her wiper not working well at xmas...  She finally changed it yesterday!!!

It amazes me how people can leave things like that. :laugh: 

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My sisters car had MOT today...she was complaining of her wiper not working well at xmas...  She finally changed it yesterday!!!

It amazes me how people can leave things like that. :laugh: 

It used to amaze me, but years of seeing people drive with completely bald tyres, grinding brakes, missing mirrors and blown bulbs has shown me that people really just don't care.

• Like 2