Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Focus models are more expensive to run and maintain?

GazNewt

Hi,

I am going to buy a Focus and am looking at a second hand 1.8, 2.0 or ST170.... I'm wondering about the cost of getting it serviced and buying parts from places like Euro Car Parts etc. I really don't want to be in a position where I have to pay silly Ford prices for parts because nowhere else has any in stock

Are the servicing/parts costs of a 1.8 and 2.0 identical ie; do they use the same easy to find and relatively cheap Ford parts? Is it just that the 2.0 has a bigger engine and not upgraded suspension or anything like that?

Does the 2.0 Ghia have any more expensice parts or is it all interior gadgets and trim?

And I am assuming that the ST170 has upgraded suspension and other parts which means it will be more expensive to maintain am I correct?

Thanks

GazNewt

I'll refine my question!

Are parts more expensive for a focus 2.0 than a focus 1.8/1.6? For example the suspension arms/bushes or exhaust

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I'll refine my question!

Are parts more expensive for a focus 2.0 than a focus 1.8/1.6? For example the suspension arms/bushes or exhaust

Thanks!

hi, ive not had mine long but have got an st 170, so far it has cost me £48 + vat for a throttle pedal position sensor, which was main dealer only, plus £35 + vat to have it plugged in to tell me the fault, Another £10 to have engine management light turned off after fault had been rectified, mine has xenon headlamps which as im sure you will know are not cheap, £91 + vat each side! And ive found that it does like to drink fuel! But thats to be expected really from an st! to sum up my opinion, Although maybe a bit more expensive to run, Well worth it for sporty looks and i have to say EXCELLENT handling, Hope this helps, regards Mark. And by the way, faultless for some time now...

Hi,

I am going to buy a Focus and am looking at a second hand 1.8, 2.0 or ST170.... I'm wondering about the cost of getting it serviced and buying parts from places like Euro Car Parts etc. I really don't want to be in a position where I have to pay silly Ford prices for parts because nowhere else has any in stock

Are the servicing/parts costs of a 1.8 and 2.0 identical ie; do they use the same easy to find and relatively cheap Ford parts? Is it just that the 2.0 has a bigger engine and not upgraded suspension or anything like that?

Does the 2.0 Ghia have any more expensice parts or is it all interior gadgets and trim?

And I am assuming that the ST170 has upgraded suspension and other parts which means it will be more expensive to maintain am I correct?

Thanks

GazNewt

for fuel comparison info check www.WhatMPG.co.uk , this is likely the most expensive running cost these days... lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club