Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo

Gymfocused

Hi guys, i want to upgrade to one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272185859341?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

but do i also need this to use bluetoothhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271993598881?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My old mk2 had an interior light like that and my mk2.5 doesn't. At present there is a lesser h/u fitted along with a Parrot 3100. I could use some help if possible please? 

that's for a mondeo it doesn't fit the focus it may look the same but its not

16 hours ago, artscot79 said:

that's for a mondeo it doesn't fit the focus it may look the same but its not

Thats funny, the sellers name says they only break the focus.

Is that the sort of unit i need to be able to use bluetooth with the sony h/u?

bluetooth is not built into the radio, it's a seperate module behind the dash.

I fitted a Sony radio upgrade in my mk2 Focus with the same Parrot system and it was all good.

Sent from my SM-G930F

To retrofit the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system you need the following parts. The parts mentioned below are based on the GEN3 oval shaped Sony radio that was used on the Focus MK2.5 from about 04-2008. Earlier GEN2 oval shaped Sony radio's look identical but are technically different (based on the older bluetooth system and no support for USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod). Next to this it is very important to buy a Focus MK2.5 or C-max MK1.5 radio. Sony radio's from different Ford models are technically different and not compatible.

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module with part number 8M5T-19G488-Ax (the x can be any letter).

* Mounting hardware for the module.

* Radio remote stalk with VOICE button.

* Large model interior light frame with mounting space for the microphone (if not already installed).

* Microphone.

* Wiring. On vehicles which have the system factory fitted the wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom. For retrofit purposes Ford offers an (expensive) accessoire wiring loom.

You can also retrofit the more advanced Ford Sound & Connect system. This system consists of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod support. This system has a different type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (8M5T-19C112-Ax (the x can be any letter), USB wiring and a USB connection panel inside the armrest.

Parts of both the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and the Sound & Connect system are very popular. New parts from Ford are very expensive. Used parts are also pretty expensive because its popularity. Next to this this system is no longer supported by Ford. The latest available update was released in 2012.

Another option is to install an aftermarket Bluetooth system like for example a Parrot MKI 9200. This will most likely be cheaper than the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club