Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 - Arm Rest Installation

JSMarsden

GUIDE TO INSTALL FORD ARMREST FROM ZETEC S/TITANIUM INTO FIESTA ZETEC

1) Unscrew the gear knob and remove the gear surround. Once the gear knob is loose, pull the silver trim at the base of the gear stick (the trim that has the leather stitched into it) inwards. Pick any corner/side for this - push inward toward the gearstick and pull upwards. This should undo any clips and the full gear surround should be easily removed.

It should look like this (silver trim comes lose and pulls upward)

)gear1.jpg

2) Get a tool/screwdriver and remove the "Passenger Airbag" trim (inclusive of the light). If you pop your tool in the top it should flap down and hang on two lower hinges. Pull/push this a bit to fully remove it from the centre console (Be careful as the light is attached at the back) however this will simply unplug.

airbag2.jpeg

3) Possibly the hardest part here - you will need to remove the full black lower trim (the shiny one, that surrounds the gear stick, and AC unit). This requires sore fingers, and a tough tug. - The easiest way I found was to try and remove it starting from the top (under where the passenger airbag trim was removed) and get a tool under here to prize it away. 

-I then slid two other tools up each side of the AC controls (I put one in the left next to the 1-4 fan speed, and one on the right next to the (Hot/Cold) Both between the black trim, and the grey surround behind - I slid these up from the bottom as its a tight gap.

gear%201%20airbag.jpeg

-Then I got my hand underneath the black plastic at the bottom (see image below - imagine gear stick surround has been taken off by now so hand can easily get under the black trim). I put my hand and fingers under the black trim at the bottom here (near 4th gear) - and just started to pull it up. You should notice that the full black trim should start to move etc - there wasn't an easy way of doing this but please keep in mind this trim is very sturdy. I had to pull from various different angles and had sore fingers - I think this is a case of, find the easiest way possible of unclipping and pulling it off - but I found the easiest place to get my hands was at the bottom! 

BE CAREFUL OF THE STOP START / THESE COME OUT AND YOU WILL NEED TO UNPLUG THE CABLE FROM THE BACK ONCE BLACK TRIM IS OFF

gear3.jpg

4) After you have felt like giving up, your dash should be a complete mess. You should find that the grey trim surrounding the gear stick (where the black trim sat ontop) will easily pull/lift off revealing a few more screws etc. Sometimes this is hard to remove from the actual black trim, and will pop off attached to the black trim. No worries - its just harder to get back on when they're together

5) Unscrew 2 screws directly underneath the Hot/Cold A/C and Fan Speed 1-4 (1 screw under each). They are 2 Black, Star shaped screws, one at each side of the unit you are removing, each of which are below the H/C and Fan Speed 1-4. These are easily accessible once '4' has been done, and you can easily see that they hold the centre piece that you are removing, to the centre console. (Your dash/centre should now similar to this

arm%202%20surround.jpeg

6) Slide both seats forwards and undo the 2 screws (The same shape screws as '5') that are currently toward the back of the centre block (each side of cup holder/there abouts). These are easy to find, no image needed!

7) Now, at the drivers seat to the left of the drivers feet there is a kick panel with a form of 'handle' on, identical to the one at the Passengers right feet. Both of these panels will pull off - you don't need to undo the plastic screw as they can stay attached. However, you need to pull these covers halfway off (screw staying in place, rest of panel left hanging). Image below shows them as standard, however you can pull/bend them back quite a bit. The red arrow shows the area of where a screw will be during the next step. (behind this panel)

kick%20pane.jpeg

This will reveal 2 more screws - located at the side of the current centre piece (underneath gear stick - 1 on the drivers side, 1 on passenger side - pretty much underneath Reverse and 2nd) - again these are the same shape/size screws as 4 & 5 and if you look closely, you can see that these screws go through the current centre unit and screw it into the metal of centre console/gear stick). Red Arrow shows around the area they will be once you have bent the panel back

8) Once all 6 screws are out, you should find that the centre piece (the one with just cup holder) should be able to slide back - if there are any difficulties get your fingers underneath the plastic at the front of the handbrake and pull up - the centre piece splits into 2 making it a bit easier to get out. BEWARE: ENSURE THAT THE USB, AUX AND 12V PLUGS ARE PULLED OUT Now - the full thing should pull backwards (towards the boot) and upwards with a bit of pulling. If the guide is correct - it should pull out 

It should now look like the below, minus the gear stick and leather as this should have been removed at 1) to make life easier

all%20gone.jpeg

9) If the guide is correct you can simply install the new arm rest the same way this came out, ensuring that you plug in the little grey plug into the new centre rest. This Grey plug is located near the gearstick on the passenger side. - This is just clipped in, lift it out and plug it straight into your centre arm rest.

plug.jpeg

:wine:

If anybody needs help PM me as I may not have been V clear! 

Credit to @mikeyd1 for the help and @Cookey09 for the images

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Many thanks just fitted armrest console to my zetec and only took 30mins start to finish using your guide

20160915_131912.jpg

Edited by Matme72
Added pic
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks, fitted the armrest console to my Zetec using this guide.  Took 1 hour 15 min's although most of that time was spent releasing a clip on the left side just above  the '1 to 4' dial.  Paid £60 for the console (in excellent condition) "inc delivery" from "the 1st auction site you think of"
Additionally, on a zetec there isn't the connector for the cup-holder surround lights and I connected my zetec's power supply to the console and only one of the 2 power sockets works ( maybe there's 2 leads to connect up to the console on a Titanium so both sockets work, either that or I have 1 faulty power socket on my console )  If the one power lead from the zetec is only suppose to power 1 socket then you'll probably want to make sure that you have the front power socket on your console connected/working rather than the back.
Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the guide would have took a lot longer without. Looks much nicer than stock zetec centre console.

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Great mod & how to.
Will 2013 fiesta armrest fit in a 2011 61 plate titanium tdci?
I found one for £50. Before thought find out compatibility.
Yunii
fa9b90e14e7da1182e89595541f7fd83.jpg9068d58dc85f141f6c43a8e52d70bf1f.jpg1cf6630fd5d58fdfafdd26544387ffd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi, I am wanting to install the same centre console on my Zetec. Will the illuminated cup holders and the second 12v power work with the current plug?

If it's 2013 plus model it should. If it's 2012 and under it won't 

Hi , i have bought a genuine armrest console with illumenation from a later mk7.5 . I know as i figured out looking at my stock one & new later one. I noted a thin white/pink wire below gearstick . What is this for?
Also on the block their is 4 coloured wires.
2 = white
2 = black/grey
Below ones i gathered are for 12 power outlet feed.
Thick black/blue
Grey/yellow
As for the 2 whites & 2 b/w wires can i solder to illumenation plug behind climate control surround ?
All help & guide apreciated.
Btw my car is mk7 titanium tdci 2011 61 plate.
Yunii

Hi, great guide thanks guys it was a big help. I fitted mine on my mk7 2011 61 plate titanium . Although i had to take feed for rear 12v power outlet & cupholder ambient lighting. Please note!
On prefacelift console be careful whilst removing console as the white/purple wire of handbrake is fed thru bottom off console which is trapped & wont come away without snapping a piece of plastic to enlarge hole to pull thru wire. So that it will free console removal.
Btw what is this plug behind climate control panel in last pic?
Yuniif5689e61fcdaee8fcb65a6ef99aef8cd.jpg381431521333d6cdac652bb3e0873baa.jpg78b88ea39268f80bdc5e80408197fab7.jpg

How did you fit that onto a pre-facelift off a facelift as you have the separate gear surround and heater fascia on the pre (mine) and its

all in one on the facelift,is that why there is a gap under the gear surround.

Also its a pity they don't do them in the blue-ish titnt,i went for a good ''fit my self'' thing as i have got me all the piano black heater surround to

match the Sony radio etc.

How did you fit that onto a pre-facelift off a facelift as you have the separate gear surround and heater fascia on the pre (mine) and its

all in one on the facelift,is that why there is a gap under the gear surround.

Also its a pity they don't do them in the blue-ish titnt,i went for a good ''fit my self'' thing as i have got me all the piano black heater surround to

match the Sony radio etc.

Sorry for late reply

The gear surround is not on tight but tight enough, its slightly slack on near the usb/aux .

Btw did you say you fitted facelift black heater surround?

How does it fit onto prefacelift gear surround?

Or did you get facelift gear surround as well?

I would love to fit the black piano trim & gear surround of face lift.

Any pics?

Yunii

On 04/04/2017 at 6:32 PM, yunii said:

Sorry for late reply

The gear surround is not on tight but tight enough, its slightly slack on near the usb/aux .

Btw did you say you fitted facelift black heater surround?

How does it fit onto prefacelift gear surround?

Or did you get facelift gear surround as well?

I would love to fit the black piano trim & gear surround of face lift.

Any pics?

Yunii

No i fitted a new heater surround and the square bit above it for a pre-facelift this is why i didn't go for the facelift armrest as i would have to change it again.

If you have to do it 100% its all heater surround and gear surround off facelift which if you want all black gear surround i would do on yours now being

you have the console in and also it would match up a lot better as the console is more of a black rather than the blue tint to it.

No i fitted a new heater surround and the square bit above it for a pre-facelift this is why i didn't go for the facelift armrest as i would have to change it again.
If you have to do it 100% its all heater surround and gear surround off facelift which if you want all black gear surround i would do on yours now being
you have the console in and also it would match up a lot better as the console is more of a black rather than the blue tint to it.

Thanks for reply but i just figured out yesterday as i stripped down a facelift in mates bodyshop in for repairs. Also ordered the black surround & lower gear surround. But just needing secret compartment lid in black as mostly on eBay are ones with airbag on/off light on & very pricey.
Thanks again
Yunii

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm just wondering how you wire up the rear 12v socket and cup holder lighting. There isn't a plug on my armrest, just bare wires. My car has had an ST conversion so it will have all the looms from a 2015 ST... Guessing I'll need to buy a plug so it can be connected straight to the loom?

• Like 1

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm just wondering how you wire up the rear 12v socket and cup holder lighting. There isn't a plug on my armrest, just bare wires. My car has had an ST conversion so it will have all the looms from a 2015 ST... Guessing I'll need to buy a plug so it can be connected straight to the loom?

I took a feed from front 12v socket & , i have ambient in coin tray in front of gear gaitor so took feed from that.Saying that mine is 2011 61 plate pre facelift so i have no loom block below on left side of gear gaitor, just had the loom that came on armrest .

Yunii

If yours is facelift then you will have this. & loom will be already their on armrest with grey block.
Yuniib978003c19dd1394cface0751bcfca21.jpg

22 hours ago, yunii said:

If yours is facelift then you will have this. & loom will be already their on armrest with grey block.
Yuniib978003c19dd1394cface0751bcfca21.jpg

Mine was a 58 plate Zetec S but it has the wiring/ engine from the facelift ST! So the loom will be there, just a matter of finding the plug as my armrest doesn't have it 

Mine was a 58 plate Zetec S but it has the wiring/ engine from the facelift ST! So the loom will be there, just a matter of finding the plug as my armrest doesn't have it 

Btw i do have the block as i hacked it off as i dont have that block loom from dashboard side .let me find it .if i do then for a bit of postage its yours.
Yunii

• Like 1

That would be great, private message me if you find it :smile:

• 6 years later...

@JSMarsden Thank you for the guide fitted my arm rest yesterday v easy following your steps!

Can I get the led cup holders working? I did see a grey cable down the left side, but one of the cables on the new arm rest looked like it had the plug cut? 

Drew a star where the grey cable wasIMG_20230823_133435.thumb.jpg.3696904e927379a3f114c8d696c3ce50.jpg

IMG_20230823_133017.thumb.jpg.7d04bf227a82701091ddb58949c56f9d.jpgIMG_20230822_144707.thumb.jpg.71d33863aefb484b2c5e625153831464.jpgIMG_20230822_144710.thumb.jpg.ec9f8e9d18e309b8e78c29341dde4435.jpg