Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Titanium 100PS First 2 weeks experience

Kateysan

Well, my first couple of weeks driving my 2016 Fiesta are down.

Love, love, loves - she handles like a dream, loads of fun to drive, the turbo gives that kick that makes me smile every time, fuel consumption seems pretty good with mixed driving

Hate, hate hates - small boot space, gears are a bit sticky but hoping they will loosen with time, road noise in cabin is deafening compared to the focus

Overall though I am loving the new fiesta experience. Early days yet of course but would recommend to anyone considering the Ecoboost vs the old engine 

You will find that cabin noise is a lot louder than the focus (I had the new shape focus for a company car for a few week from new, as well as a fiesta) and now own a Zetec Fiesta. However, I find even when I do a lot of motorway driving that if I put my radio on a bit (vol 8/10) then I don't really notice it as much to be fair - especially since its more cheaply built than the focus!

Gears should loosen as mine are fine 13,000 miles in! :tongue: Just getting used to the Titanium arm rest that I installed in mine 

• Like 1

Oh I forgot to mention that the pedals are too small and close together and I only have small feet lol, how does anyone with size 10+ hooves cope? 😀

Still nothing enough wrong to make me regret the fiesta again after all the years since my first car!

28 minutes ago, Kateysan said:

Oh I forgot to mention that the pedals are too small and close together and I only have small feet lol, how does anyone with size 10+ hooves cope? 😀

Still nothing enough wrong to make me regret the fiesta again after all the years since my first car!

My size 10 hooves (especially in work shoes) tend to struggle now and again. I don't have many issues with pressing them as such, its more when I want to rest my left foot on the motorway, its sometimes a bit of a squeeze sliding it down the side of the clutch! 

However compare it to the polo, I believe (from ones I've sat in?) have the accelerator pivoting on the floor, which is just weird.  

• Like 1

Yes the 100PS is great fun, I also love it. A few things to note though:

- Tyres: these can radically change the fuel consumption, noise and comfort! By law I have to put on winter tyres and these really degraded certain aspects of the car. My summer tyres are going on in the next week or so! I would ask for advice for the best replacements when that time comes.

- Fuel consumption is not as good as claimed (no surprise) for anything other than motorway driving. On the motorway though it's great, once I sit on a steady 120/130kph (depending on the country) the economy is pretty impressive. I have been able to do some pretty lengthy trips through France and Switzerland on a relatively tiny fuel budget.

- Gears a bit weird, especially if you leave it sitting for a couple of weeks (I often have to). I also had a couple of issues with suddenly losing power whilst setting off in first recently but that could just have been me.

In general this is a great value, fun to drive little car. I find myself just wanting to take it out for random spins.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 05/04/2016 at 0:11 PM, Kateysan said:

Well, my first couple of weeks driving my 2016 Fiesta are down.

Love, love, loves - she handles like a dream, loads of fun to drive, the turbo gives that kick that makes me smile every time, fuel consumption seems pretty good with mixed driving

Hate, hate hates - small boot space, gears are a bit sticky but hoping they will loosen with time, road noise in cabin is deafening compared to the focus

Overall though I am loving the new fiesta experience. Early days yet of course but would recommend to anyone considering the Ecoboost vs the old engine 

Cabin noise,that was hit and miss with me to have mine because of this,ok i came from a corsa 2009 so did make it a bit easier but the corsa

was a lot quieter and i mean a lot,it was heads or tails between a bit of noise or a skip on wheels,went for the noise and just normal to me now.

• Like 1

I found that the brand of tyres seemed to have a major effect on road noise. That said even with my so-called better summer tyres road noise does remain.

• Like 1

Finding the gears annoying in that first is sometimes hit and miss and reverse can also slip. However I only have 900km on the clock so in fairness I need to let her settle a bit. Loving the driving though. I have about 10km of very winding country roads before I hit the motorway and they are the most fun. She is so nippy I feel like a rally driver at times (at the correct speed limit of course)!

12 minutes ago, Kateysan said:

Finding the gears annoying in that first is sometimes hit and miss and reverse can also slip. However I only have 900km on the clock so in fairness I need to let her settle a bit. Loving the driving though. I have about 10km of very winding country roads before I hit the motorway and they are the most fun. She is so nippy I feel like a rally driver at times (at the correct speed limit of course)!

KM's, where are you driving? 

And don't worry reverse always slips on mine now and again, also did it in the company car. Just got to make sure its fully in gear as it tends to slip more! 

Driving in Ireland so we are kms now - took a lot of getting used to and I still tend to convert to miles every now and then - no idea why!

It was fun driving in the UK recently in a car with only kms on the speedometer. Lots of conversion of speeds going on 😀

If it's difficult to get 1st, dab it into 2nd (or clutch up and down) and try again.

• 11 months later...

Yes, I would echo that the gears can seem a bit weird but they do loosen up after a while although mine at around 15k miles has now started slipping sometimes when going in reverse. If it does it again I will take it to the garage.

Overall these are really nice cars for the cash, I have had mine for a while and still enjoy driving it. Also they are pretty fuel efficient if you find the sweet spot speed wise. Plus a little eco-driving goes a long way... That said it is nice to give it a good spin sometimes :)

• Like 1

I've had three Fiestas, an 06 Ghia, an 09 1.4 Titanium and a 13 Ecoboost.   Every one has had a problem with reverse slipping out of gear now and then.

• Like 1

My size 10 hooves (especially in work shoes) tend to struggle now and again. I don't have many issues with pressing them as such, its more when I want to rest my left foot on the motorway, its sometimes a bit of a squeeze sliding it down the side of the clutch! 

However compare it to the polo, I believe (from ones I've sat in?) have the accelerator pivoting on the floor, which is just weird.  

I know this post was approx a year ago but if you think the fiesta is bad you should have tried the old Citroen Saxo, the pedals were nearly touching each other!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2016 at 2:16 PM, Kateysan said:

I take a size 12 and don't find the pedals too much of a problem. Guess I have driven far worse cars over the years :-)

• Like 1

Can't say I've had any problems  with my ST-Line pedals being too close together. I also had a Saxo VTS about 10 years ago and the pedals were not too close together on that either, they were a bit off centre in the Saxo though, which meant you sat at an angle which was a bit annoying.

My only criticisms of the Fiesta so far are the road noise is a bit worse than I'd like but livable and I can never get the fuel to go in at anything but a trickle without the pump clicking off every 2 seconds. Don't like that capless fuel filler thing (not sure what ford call it?) seems very flimsy to me.

• Like 1

quite interesting the gears would have loosend by now 
reverse with the newer cars use 5th gear synchro to use for reverse so this was it just loosening it up 
fiestalux car was not at right revs to loose power 

and ITS GREAT that people dont like the road noise as ive just sound proofed my 5door fiesta and gonna put a post up to show how easy it can be done and VERY CHEAP and even better less road noise :) 
ps check tyre pressures too 

@Blatto your holding it at wrong angle point the nose of pump down a little ;) a fill ma car up to brim everytime a had this at start but alter the angle you hold it when its in can sort this 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2017 at 8:14 PM, Blatto said:

My only criticisms of the Fiesta so far are the road noise is a bit worse than I'd like but livable and I can never get the fuel to go in at anything but a trickle without the pump clicking off every 2 seconds. Don't like that capless fuel filler thing (not sure what ford call it?) seems very flimsy to me.

I know what you mean  - mine actually collapsed inside the filler and had to be replaced (warranty) the old one was like yours hard to get it to fill , new one is better but still not as "easy" as the old versions with a key.

The fuel filler has every hallmark of a solution without a problem. Unnecessarily complicated and serves no real purpose as far as I can tell! Could be useful on a diesel to stop you filling with unleaded by not needed the other way round.

Well a year on I have not regretted my choice one little bit. I LOVE the drive, got used to the pedals, drowned out the ridiculous cabin noise by cranking up the tunes and no longer care about the still random reverse gear slippage! 

• Like 1

Think I've tried just about every angle and depth of insertion (beginning to sound like the kama sutra) with the fuel nozzle but takes me forever to fill up, just clicks off every 2 seconds with even the slightest trickle of fuel.

Seems to be a fuel syphoning thiefs dream as well, as there is no way of locking the cap that I can see.

• Like 1

You need to relax the nozzle base against cap. I was always pushing it or holding the nozzle handle upwards thinking it was pushing nozzle nose down but this will cut out the fuel line every time. Just let it lie and it's fine every time! 

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth, got my 2014 title 1.0L ecoboost last Thursday,  so far so good, I'm delighted with it. As for road noise I don't find it noisy at all compared to my last car 02 focus ghia tdi which did a lot of road noise. Perhaps it's the Continental premium tyres on the new car. I wear two hearing aids while driving  and believe me the old car WAS noisy, the hearing aids would pick up every rattle and bump,  this new car is quiet, maybe there is something to be said for a quality tyre.

No problem here with the gears, they slip through each one easily as they should. Still love this little car it is like the tardis, there seems to be more elbow room with driver and passenger than in old focus. The stop/start function is a novelty to me, I wonder if stop start will result in premature wear and tear on the starter and flywheel. All in all a lovely car and I think I made the right choice.

Only disappointments were same as most others, lack of spare wheel and mats, both now ordered from eBay.

• Like 1

The 2016 Titanium had the full spare wheel thank goodness!! mats too, but tbh if there hadn't been mats at the new car price, I would've unleashed hell lol. 

Our titanium 2016 came with mats, the carpet ones. I got them to throw in a full set of rubber mats, a full tank of fuel and a 1L oil bottle. Total cost to dealer, about £65.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1