Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Titanium 100PS First 2 weeks experience

Kateysan

21 hours ago, Kateysan said:

You need to relax the nozzle base against cap. I was always pushing it or holding the nozzle handle upwards thinking it was pushing nozzle nose down but this will cut out the fuel line every time. Just let it lie and it's fine every time! 

Thanks, will try that next time, due to fill up at the end of the week.

• Like 1

I seem to recall a sticker image to that effect inside the outer cover.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I seem to recall a sticker image to that effect inside the outer cover.

It's briefly (and badly worded) mentioned in the handbook. 

• Like 1

It wouldn't be the only ambiguity in the handbook - I've stumbled across quite a few!

• Like 1

Yes there is a sticker but it just looks as if they are suggesting you only insert it to the first graduation on the pump nozzle which doesn't work at all.

I don't remember seeing it in the manual, will dig it out during my lunch break tomorrow.

If it helps I've got a copy online here.

Filled up today and to my amazement the method of letting the nozzle just sit under gravity works perfectly :)

Thanks for that will make fill ups much quicker now. I'm sure I'd already tried that but obviously not.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 7:19 PM, Blatto said:

Yes there is a sticker but it just looks as if they are suggesting you only insert it to the first graduation on the pump nozzle which doesn't work at all.

I don't remember seeing it in the manual, will dig it out during my lunch break tomorrow.

"Keep it resting on the cover of the fuel pipe opening." in the refueling section. It could definitely be worded better 

Kateysan hope you enjoy the new car, I think it's a fun little car to spin around in. I just got a 2014 titanium, i think its a bit noisy too at higher speeds but after a while i get used to it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blatto said:

Filled up today and to my amazement the method of letting the nozzle just sit under gravity works perfectly :)

Thanks for that will make fill ups much quicker now. I'm sure I'd already tried that but obviously not.

Believe me, it took me a while to figure it out. It probably happened when I slumped against the car in frustration and realised that worked 😂

9 hours ago, baggister said:

Kateysan hope you enjoy the new car, I think it's a fun little car to spin around in. I just got a 2014 titanium, i think its a bit noisy too at higher speeds but after a while i get used to it

Not so new now after a year but yes, I love her!! Big test coming up as I am travelling around the UK from Glasgow to Oxford to London to Wales. Looking forward to seeing how she goes!! Yes the cabin noise is bad but as I was advised on this thread....turn the radio up 😁