Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-60 times

EzzyRallyBoy

Had a conversation in work the other day, as ya do, about what speed vehicles do in top gear (not the tv show) and I reckon the 1.6 Ti-vct does about 21mph per 1,000 revs, so 3,000 revs = 63mph, 4,000 about 84mph, hope you all agree

Book top speed is 120mph so that would equal about 5,700 revs but someone else can try !!!!

Anyway, gave it a little shove off the line the other day and before you can sneeze the little revvy thing it is is at 5,500 revs and asking for 2nd, I thought that was a bit quick (asking for 2nd not actual speed !!!) so I did a little test and I reckon it does about 5 maybe 5.5mph per 1,000 revs in 1st and only about 9mph per 1,000 revs in 2nd

So if it red lines at 6,000 revs then thats only 54mph, so if you are trying a 0-60 dash (book 9.9 secs) and Ford had thought about tweaking the gear ratios a little so you could do 60mph in 2nd then you wold only have 1 gear change not 2, so realistically I think you could have taken say 0.5 second off that time for the extra gear change

Therefore I think, as a comparison, it is as fast as any car that has a 0-60 time of 9.4 secs, just race them upto 55mph and then play it cool ........................................

Had a conversation in work the other day, as ya do, about what speed vehicles do in top gear (not the tv show) and I reckon the 1.6 Ti-vct does about 21mph per 1,000 revs, so 3,000 revs = 63mph, 4,000 about 84mph, hope you all agree

Book top speed is 120mph so that would equal about 5,700 revs but someone else can try !!!!

Anyway, gave it a little shove off the line the other day and before you can sneeze the little revvy thing it is is at 5,500 revs and asking for 2nd, I thought that was a bit quick (asking for 2nd not actual speed !!!) so I did a little test and I reckon it does about 5 maybe 5.5mph per 1,000 revs in 1st and only about 9mph per 1,000 revs in 2nd

So if it red lines at 6,000 revs then thats only 54mph, so if you are trying a 0-60 dash (book 9.9 secs) and Ford had thought about tweaking the gear ratios a little so you could do 60mph in 2nd then you wold only have 1 gear change not 2, so realistically I think you could have taken say 0.5 second off that time for the extra gear change

Therefore I think, as a comparison, it is as fast as any car that has a 0-60 time of 9.4 secs, just race them upto 55mph and then play it cool ........................................

I can get just over 60 mph in second gear...........

In the Kia Picanto i can get to around 35 in second, it is that cool

In the Kia Picanto i can get to around 35 in second, it is that cool

Careful now......I wouldn't want you to give yourself heart failure through sheer raw excitement!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club