Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Too many cables too little knowledge

Mrcraig200

Recently aquired a ford mondeo 58 titanium x edition and the previous owners have put it 3 aux cables one in the glove box maked sat nav(long) another in the glove box (v.short) and another coming out the centre console unmarked i tried my phone in all of these and none play music from the radio, also there is a male usb end on a cable coming out from the centre console which i have no idea what its for, any help would be greatly appreciated  thanks

did he possibly remove the aux port itself or the connection from the radio?

No the aux port is still on the side of the glovebox with the little grey port, that works when i plug in an aux cable and select aux on the radio.

and they are all aux?

just to ask the stupid question... did you choose AUX in as the option on the stereo, and turn both your stereo and your phone volume up?

12 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

and they are all aux?

just to ask the stupid question... did you choose AUX in as the option on the stereo, and turn both your stereo and your phone volume up?

Now you know as much as me, and yes i chose aux on the stereo, only got the one option to choose

1459953347961666510029.jpg

how bizarre!

Thought I think I know what the answer is :D

If I am not mistaken, you have both a USB and an AUX IN cable on each end? if so, take the aux cable in the glovebox and connect to the aux in port, and leave the USB dangling, now plug your device into the output at the other side (armrest) and, it *should* work

Alternatively, if you do in fact have three heads with an aux connector (two in the glovebox, and one on the armrest) plug the shortest one into the aux in port and then try again

Final EDIT: alternatively, you may find that what you have there (if you do in fact have three aux in heads) that there is a hidden aux in somewhere else. Perhaps buried in the dashboard, so dont be surprised if when you connect the lead in, one of the leads does not work... though I am hopeful its a case of plug in the short end

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

My good sir you are a genious XD just gotta figure out what the usb and the other aux is for because its marked satnav but i didn't think sat navs had aux inputs 

• Like 1

Dont know why it posted like that XD but yeah the short cable plugs into the aux input and the one from the centre console works in my phone and plays musics!  Still stumped on the usb

• Like 1

Perhaps just USB power (eg charging) for a SAT NAV?

probably bought the wrong cable. You have USB and Aux cables like that for such a thing known as a KVM switch, probably had it knocking around or bought it, though it wasnt necessary. Thats probably why the sat nav doesnt work, as the KVM he was using is not pointing towards it.

Have a look around and I suspect you may find an odd box with an A or B switch on it...

4 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Perhaps just USB power (eg charging) for a SAT NAV?

Never known a sat nav to have a full size usb chargibg port or an aux input

2 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

probably bought the wrong cable. You have USB and Aux cables like that for such a thing known as a KVM switch, probably had it knocking around or bought it, though it wasnt necessary. Thats probably why the sat nav doesnt work, as the KVM he was using is not pointing towards it.

Have a look around and I suspect you may find an odd box with an A or B switch on it...

Any idea where I'd find said switch?? 

If one was installed it might be under the centre console so start by taking up the gear gaiter and scouting around. Of not on floor level it may be attached to a support, likewise there is every chance someone has done what I often do, botch cables together!

At least you now have it working :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club