Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Charity walk for Macmillan

The Dark Knight

Hi folks, I am doing a charity walk for Macmillan around Dovedale on the 14th of May as my dad is currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I will be very grateful for whatever you can afford to donate using my Just Giving page and please feel free to share the link with anyone who would like to donate.

I thought up the title as me and my dad are big Star Wars fans!

Thanks

https://www.justgiving.com/Cancer-Wars-The-Fundraising-Awakens

• Like 1

I know some people don't want to set up an account on Just Giving in order to donate so please donate by other means. Pay money in at your bank or online on a preferred website and just PM or email me a copy of the receipt. Even post me a cheque!

I can then update my page with money received elsewhere. Cancer has probably affected us all at some point in one way or another and I would appreciate whatever you can donate. I think the walk will be just over 6 miles and it's a great place to walk if anyone ever gets over that way. 

Thanks  

Good luck with the walk and all the best to your dad. :)

• Like 1

You and your Dad will be in my prayers.  Cancer is a horrible disease and Macmillan is a charity I always give to.  In fact, I have set up a tax-free donation that comes directly out of my salary every month.  Donating to a cancer research charity is pointless as far as I'm concerned, because a real cure will never be found and we already know that more effective treatment is doomed because the government won't put their hands in their pockets to pay for it.  Treatment for those suffering with the disease though is paramount and I would give my last penny for that cause.

Good luck mate,hope your dad is doing well,been there 7 years ago and its dam horrible thing with the treatment and

dealing with it and i will never forget,Macmillan are golden people and talk to you like a person and explain,all the best.

I have a big hate for this disease,we all know a person/family who has it or been there.

Thanks guys. My dad is responding well to treatment and has surgery in June followed by more treatment. Luckily we caught it early so the consultant is confident of a 100% cure.

Any donation, even just £5 will all help. Up to £130 at the moment which is a good start.

• 1 month later...

Well it was a superb walk yesterday and the weather was glorious. Milldale where we stopped for lunch is a lovely little village. The £600 mark has now come up and here are some photos from the day. Thanks for any donations made by anyone on here.

thumb_IMG_3298_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3304_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3312_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3317_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3319_1024.jpg

image free hosting

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club