Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front transformation complete!

djsubtronic

I've finally done everything I wanted to the front of the car. I'm quite pleased with the outcome if I may say so myself!

If anybody has similar ideas and wants any advice on any of the mods on the front (grills, fog light surrounds, bonnet lip, eyelids) I'd be happy to help.

after.jpg

• Like 4

looking good and  it has made a great difference. can ask how you managed to take your bonnet lip off as I have tried but to scared just in case I brake it ha ha

3 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking good and  it has made a great difference. can ask how you managed to take your bonnet lip off as I have tried but to scared just in case I brake it ha ha

The usual way as I understand is to heat it up with a hairdryer to loosen/melt the adhesive which would ease removal. But as I park on the street, I don't have that luxury. The lip seems to be held in place by two strips of 3M tape. The way I managed to get it off was to use a plastic trim release tool (a straight one with a completely flat edge) and slowly forced it behind the lip at one end, and gently rotated the tool so as to push the lip upwards and away from the car. This does loosen the lip, and if you work your way from one end to the other it'll eventually come off. There's three tabs on the other side, one on each end and one one in the middle, which you will also need to remove from the underside of the bonnet.

I was just careful when using the tool to lift the lip off the bonnet not to lift it too much and snap it, so as long as you are gentle and don't make the lip bend too much as you remove it, you should be fine.

It took about 10 minutes to get it off, and about an hour to clean the glue off lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have done pretty much the same to my focus only mine is tango red with a panther black lip. I also have a honey Combe upper and lower grill but I have dat running lights in the fog covers and I am about to fit Panther black door mirror caps. You could also fit st/rs led rear lights 

• Like 1

could I ask - what are these eyelids all about? 

ive seen them being used for a long time, and never got it. are there "performance" enhancements? or jsut for looks? cause i think the headlights on the facelift focus look top

7 hours ago, Thatguycraig said:

could I ask - what are these eyelids all about? 

ive seen them being used for a long time, and never got it. are there "performance" enhancements? or jsut for looks? cause i think the headlights on the facelift focus look top

I prefer the look. Gives the headlights a "meaner" appearance. Plus it's just a change, I will probably get bored of these after a while and take them off. Then back on again etc.

Here's mine all done as well 😀

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/6/2016 at 8:55 PM, djsubtronic said:

I've finally done everything I wanted to the front of the car. I'm quite pleased with the outcome if I may say so myself!

If anybody has similar ideas and wants any advice on any of the mods on the front (grills, fog light surrounds, bonnet lip, eyelids) I'd be happy to help.

after.jpg

very nice mate, lower skirt will look great, keep good work up, never ending process and lot of cash but worth it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wilto said:

Here's mine all done as well 😀

image.jpeg

looking smart mate

Ajzetecs, what honeycomb front grill are they? The eBay ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ajzetecs said:

looking smart mate

Cheers aj 👍

1 hour ago, sean.kerwin said:

Ajzetecs, what honeycomb front grill are they? The eBay ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

think most buys are of eBay, got mine of there of other bumper which still havnt sold yet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-BLACK-RS-STYLE-SPORT-HONEYCOMB-MESH-FRONT-CENTRE-UPPER-LOWER-GRILLES-/271843454210?fits=Model%3AFocus%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item3f4b21ed02:g:B4cAAOSwPgxVM-fn

57 minutes ago, ajzetecs said:

OMG those are what I bought in November, gin up £20 since I bought mine, still a VERY good buy though, totally transformed the front of the car.

Bumper skirt (and a long overdue wash)... yay or nay?

2.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, higgsy said:

Looks mint

Thanks :) I was skeptical about these "universal" rubber lips, especially since they're basically repurposed garage door seals lol. But I actually think it turned out pretty okay for a tenner! Beats buying a legit bumper skirt for 200+! Just need to see how it wears now. And I can easily remove it if need be. If it still looks good after a few weeks of motorway abuse, I might add some matching side skirts.

On 01/05/2016 at 9:39 PM, djsubtronic said:

2.jpg

Those "eyelids" make your car look EVIL....nice :wub:

• Like 1

On 1 May 2016 at 9:39 PM, djsubtronic said:

2.jpg

It's a Yay from me 👍

• Like 1

On 5/1/2016 at 9:58 PM, djsubtronic said:

Thanks :) I was skeptical about these "universal" rubber lips, especially since they're basically repurposed garage door seals lol. But I actually think it turned out pretty okay for a tenner! Beats buying a legit bumper skirt for 200+! Just need to see how it wears now. And I can easily remove it if need be. If it still looks good after a few weeks of motorway abuse, I might add some matching side skirts.

u got a link to these?? looks top! 

3 hours ago, Thatguycraig said:

u got a link to these?? looks top! 

Here you go http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201551623312

One roll is enough for the front bumper with a foot or so to spare. For that price it's worth a shot even if you end up hating it. It's held up well so far through adverse weather (and I'm only using the adhesive tape, no screws), so I'm thinking of getting a couple more rolls and adding some side skirts :)

This video should help with the installation:

6 minutes ago, djsubtronic said:

Here you go http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201551623312

One roll is enough for the front bumper with a foot or so to spare. For that price it's worth a shot even if you end up hating it. It's held up well so far through adverse weather (and I'm only using the adhesive tape, no screws), so I'm thinking of getting a couple more rolls and adding some side skirts :)

This video should help with the installation:

cheers for that!! looks really good! 

that's Impressive little mod, hope it lasts!

Ive finally finished the halogen to xenon headlamp conversion, all that's needed on the front end now is the zetec s skirt, the honeycomb grills still look great, could maybe do with being dropped a wee spot lower too

skWP_20160507_11_59_23_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

that's Impressive little mod, hope it lasts!

Ive finally finished the halogen to xenon headlamp conversion, all that's needed on the front end now is the zetec s skirt, the honeycomb grills still look great, could maybe do with being dropped a wee spot lower too

skWP_20160507_11_59_23_Pro_LI.jpg

Hi Dar' have you done a how to guide looks very interesting, I was looking to replace mine with st/RS until I seen how much they wanted for them. I am also considering buying a HID Kit also

I don't have a guide, my plan was to do one, then make a guide on the other but to be honest I was more than a little peeved off for wasting so much on ford lamps the rage took over and I clean forgot all about photos!!

I need to open one back up again to replace the depo leveller with a ford one so ill take some pictures then.

It is really easy tho, once you get in to the lamps that is!

with Depo ones its unbelievably easy so I cant stress it enough, don't bother trying to mod ford lamps!!

What parts are involved Dar and what sort of cost are we looking at?