Do Not Sell My Personal Information

show off your 5 door foci!!!

Focus-Jonny

Hey i just thought i would set up this topic because there are too many topics asking for pics of 3 door foci and not enough topics for 5 doors

so if your like me and drive a 5 door foci and want to show it now is your chance!!!

much appreciated.

post-8771-1255985639_thumb.jpg

post-8771-1255985602_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i know its not a modified masterpiece but it will be interesting to see other peoples mod's:P

How come my mk1 focus engine looks different to yours, I know mines dirty but its much diferent looking.

P.S. Hopefully my uncle can get his mate to give me a discount on fully valeting my car and engine(he got his own valeting and detailing company)

post-7744-1255995065_thumb.jpg

post-7744-1255995096_thumb.jpg

hey headshot2009 just to let you know my egine is exactly the same as yours, my car is an LX although it says zetec on the egine, is your car a 1.6 by any chance i think artscot79 has a 1.8 maybe that explains the variation in the engines

by the way artscot79 your engine bay is unbelievably clean B)

post-8800-1256055067_thumb.jpg the pic is a list of engines yep i have the 1.8 zetec e which is why it looks so different.

alloy wheel cleaner and elbow grease was all i used for the bay believe it or not i hadnt touched it in 2months when i took the picture old owner had it in a mess. for the aluminium i used high temp engine enamel the non heat bits was good old hammerite smooth as it gives a lovely finish.

get in there with some and youll be amazed at the difference it can make

not done much just smoked front indicators and side repeaters gonna smoke the rears.hid bulbs blacked out the badge and put some powerflex bushes on.

post-8800-1256055067_thumb.jpg the pic is a list of engines yep i have the 1.8 zetec e which is why it looks so different.

alloy wheel cleaner and elbow grease was all i used for the bay believe it or not i hadnt touched it in 2months when i took the picture old owner had it in a mess. for the aluminium i used high temp engine enamel the non heat bits was good old hammerite smooth as it gives a lovely finish.

get in there with some and youll be amazed at the difference it can make

not done much just smoked front indicators and side repeaters gonna smoke the rears.hid bulbs blacked out the badge and put some powerflex bushes on.

a better picpost-8800-1256058972_thumb.jpg

I dont get this why's the air intake pipe going towards the back of the engeine when the intakes normally at the front. I been studying mechanics at college and I've never seen air intake heading towards the back where exhaust manifold normaly is.

I dont get this why's the air intake pipe going towards the back of the engeine when the intakes normally at the front. I been studying mechanics at college and I've never seen air intake heading towards the back where exhaust manifold normaly is.

the advantage really is the alternator is to the firewall away from the rad and the manifold so these parts dont suffer from the heat and with the manifold at the front it keeps the temps under the bonnet cooler as the cool air from the front helps keep temp down with it to the rear its hidden away and temperatures are higher under the bonnet the configuration also makes room for the turbo charger.

my air intake as youll see in the new pic comes from the front under the heat then into the underside of the airbox my manifold is at the front basically a reversal of the se engine though both are very different the se being newer the zetec e is the original black top engine

to confuse more the zetec came in 3 phases 1 and 2 were the original silver top engines phase 3 the blacktop which is a totally different engine to 1 and 2 the phase 3 has 5-10bhp over the original 2 due to better breathing the early phase 3 has a black magnesium camshaft cover the later engines had the plastic cover the se is from the ford fiesta and used in the puma as a 1.7 litre engine then you have the duratec rs which is in fact a zetec e slightly modified confusing aint it. http://www.burtonpower.com/technical_1/zetec_e.aspx

post-8800-1256073765_thumb.jpg

yeah that paint rele brings up the engine bay my engine bay could be doing with a good clean, did you use hammerite on the battery box lid? it looks realy well, ever thought of painting the air box as well? just to tie everything in ;)

my tinted lights were bought straight off eBay for around £55 their a really good job they have sailed through MOT, because the focus has reflective strips were the fog lights are you can have completely tinted lights, im glad your going for the darker lights as those chrome lexus lights realy do look cheap unless you pay big money for them.

yeah that paint rele brings up the engine bay my engine bay could be doing with a good clean, did you use hammerite on the battery box lid? it looks realy well, ever thought of painting the air box as well? just to tie everything in ;)

my tinted lights were bought straight off ebay for around £55 their a really good job they have sailed through MOT, because the focus has reflective strips were the fog lights are you can have completely tinted lights, im glad your going for the darker lights as those chrome lexus lights realy do look cheap unless you pay big money for them.

the red bits are smooth hammerite the battery box was done using plastic primer and high temp aluminium spraypaint from Halfords with 2 coats of laquer, i thought about doing the box but thought it may be a bit too much aluminium still got a few bits to do . wanted the chrome stuff but its way too dear by the time you add it together its a good couple of hundred quid at least.

• 1 year later...

im going to have to get some piccys of mine up. i'll list what i got:

- Focus, Zetec and TDCI badges removed.

- Rear (20% light) tints.

- Front Security Filmed.

- Painted Blue Calipers.

- Blue Front and Rear LED Footwells (come on when ever courtesy light is on, both doors and switch)

- All internal Green Illumination is now blue.

- Rear reg plate LED illumination (makes a difference to look at night)

- internal courtesy light is now LED (again makes an unbeleivable differance at night)

going to add:

- remap or tuning chip

- change all the external black trim to chrome

- parking sensors

- a nice sounding stainless steel exhaust (not the !Removed! boy racer ones)

I do like those alloys :) Sometimes I like that colour sometimes not, but on your motor it looks great.

When the focus first came out i loved the design. Still do after all these years.

Slightly modified Focus here - got clear side repeaters, towbar(!) and hopefully will be adding front fogs soon lol x

Ok here's mine kids fit nicely in the back.

I wish mine had those alloys! Trouble is they are about £150 each new.

Also I like how you've sorted out the crap looking original exhaust. How did you go about that and how much did it set you back?

I was thinking of getting mine done with something like this:

2.jpg

Hello, yea was just lucky with them alloys the sports pack was fitted to the car from new.

The exhaust cost £300 to do so not cheap really but worth it I think, got longlife exhausts to do it they were brill, I hated the original exhaust thought it totally ruined the look of the car at the back.

That's nice in the pic above as well, I was gonna go for twins both side but thought it my look a little over the top.

Hi Guys and Girls

My Focus Is Nothing Special Like Above However Just Thought Id Show My Appearence With My TDCI Ghia ;-)

Damien

post-11012-0-75508900-1304358079_thumb.j

post-11012-0-54562300-1304358097_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Hello, yea was just lucky with them alloys the sports pack was fitted to the car from new.

The exhaust cost £300 to do so not cheap really but worth it I think, got longlife exhausts to do it they were brill, I hated the original exhaust thought it totally ruined the look of the car at the back.

That's nice in the pic above as well, I was gonna go for twins both side but thought it my look a little over the top.

you can also purchase a pre-built stainless duplex system from european parts Click Here personally im going for the singal Oval tip either side on a Zetec S lip,

going to spray the grey part of the lip panther Black with medium size silver flake mixed in to the paint. will be a nice sparkle of silver to match the chrome pipes either side of it.B)

the duplex will fit all MK2 and MK2.5 as the chassie is the same on both models, an extra pipe is required to fit on the diesel model which is also available frome european parts and a stainless back box if you like to purchase also

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club