Do Not Sell My Personal Information

creaking noise at front

ACEFR3HL3Y

Hi,I am new to the forum,so be gentle,lol................I have a Ford Focus 2.0 ESP,having had it for about a month now...It has now developed this creaking noise from the front..I jack front end of car up and when turning the steering both ways,the creaking sound could clearly be heard...I,at first thought it was to do with the steering rack but I have hopefully elimated that as the problem....What I done was put lube at top of strut mount and this seemed to elimate the creaking,however,I have just been out for a run in car and although not as bad as vefore it still does it,it is now getting very irritating.....It does appear to me to be something to do with top of strut as lube appeared to eliminate it when wheels were off ground and turned both ways.....is this a common problem on the Focus? and how can I eliminate the creaking once and for all??much appreciated :unsure:

This is almost certainly caused by the thrust bearing at the top of the strut. When it starts to get rough the top end of the strut tends to judder a bit due to the spring twisting and untwisting. If this is the culprit the only cure would be to replace the bearing.

Depending on the year ; is it an early MKII? as there was also an issue with track rod ends causing symptoms you describe , apparently it was the wrong type of grease put in the track rod ball joints at the factory.

Cheers Pete

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club