Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forza 3

greenymk7

Yeah yeah yeah, you're just worried you'll be slow...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greenymk7

• DanGull

• DNStuff

• aph1101

Yeah yeah yeah, you're just worried you'll be slow...

that almost sounds like a challenge

No - this is a challenge :D

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

No - this is a challenge :D

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

i don't have a god damn xbox, STOP IT DAN STOP IT!

i have an elite as well, but i wouldnt be able to tell you what is actually better about it.

apart from the fact the colour matches my MASSIVE black tv.

bigger hard drive

better cooling

better seals

and better processor i think thats about it.

shouldnt have the red rings with the elite

ok spent 1 hour in toy r us playing forza 3 until the sales man got the hump brill game came first with the fiesta all the time all though it was only standard as i presume u can mod it up. so now i need to buy 1 so do i go for the elite or the normal 1as i presume with the elite u get almost everything with except forza 3 and extra controller and also i will need wireless adapter to get online correct.so where do u think the best place to buy 1 from and cheapest been surfing various sites but it seems every body is now selling x box's.

Couple of things:

Differences between the Super Elite, Elite and Arcade (Only three consoles manufactured now).

Arcade:

White Console

256MB Internal Memory

Wireless Controller

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Price: Around £149.99.

Elite:

Black Console

120GB Removable Hard Drive

Wireless Controller

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Ethernet Cable

Wired Headset

Price: Around £199.99.

Super Elite:

Black Console (With Call of Duty: MW2 Design if it's the special edition CoD console)

250GB Removable Hard Drive

2 Wireless Controllers

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Ethernet Cable

Wired Headset

Copy of either Forza 3 or CoD:MW2 (Depending on which Super Elite it is)

Price: Around £249.99.

Basically, I think the Super Elite's are a bit overkill. Don't think anyone would really use 250GB of space on an Xbox unless they pile gigs upon gigs of music onto it. Most places (Gamestation definitely do) will give you a copy of Forza 3 free with an Elite console (and usually another free game). The Arcade's are pretty pointless for Forza - you need to install a lot of cars and tracks to the 360 hard drive to fully experience Forza and the Arcade will not accommodate this.

The processor's in the Elites are no better in terms of power, but they do use the quieter, more reliable 65nm chip which seems to have reduced the three red light error significantly. They were supposed to be getting 45nm chips sometime this year but I don't think that's materialised.

Other things you may want to consider :

Play and Charge Kit (£14.99) - Contains a Nickel-MetaHyride battery and charger. Saves on buying AA batteries. Means you can play while it's charging. A Quick Charge Kit is also available but you have to physically take your battery out of the pad to charge.

HDMI Cable (£14.99 - £29.99) - Used to come free with the Elite's but don't any more. Recommended for best HD picture. I use one on my 50" G10 and it's spot on.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Couple of things:

Differences between the Super Elite, Elite and Arcade (Only three consoles manufactured now).

Arcade:

White Console

256MB Internal Memory

Wireless Controller

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Price: Around £149.99.

Elite:

Black Console

120GB Removable Hard Drive

Wireless Controller

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Ethernet Cable

Wired Headset

Price: Around £199.99.

Super Elite:

Black Console (With Call of Duty: MW2 Design if it's the special edition CoD console)

250GB Removable Hard Drive

2 Wireless Controllers

Power Pack

HD Component Lead

Ethernet Cable

Wired Headset

Copy of either Forza 3 or CoD:MW2 (Depending on which Super Elite it is)

Price: Around £249.99.

Basically, I think the Super Elite's are a bit overkill. Don't think anyone would really use 250GB of space on an Xbox unless they pile gigs upon gigs of music onto it. Most places (Gamestation definitely do) will give you a copy of Forza 3 free with an Elite console (and usually another free game). The Arcade's are pretty pointless for Forza - you need to install a lot of cars and tracks to the 360 hard drive to fully experience Forza and the Arcade will not accommodate this.

The processor's in the Elites are no better in terms of power, but they do use the quieter, more reliable 65nm chip which seems to have reduced the three red light error significantly. They were supposed to be getting 45nm chips sometime this year but I don't think that's materialised.

Other things you may want to consider :

Play and Charge Kit (£14.99) - Contains a Nickel-MetaHyride battery and charger. Saves on buying AA batteries. Means you can play while it's charging. A Quick Charge Kit is also available but you have to physically take your battery out of the pad to charge.

HDMI Cable (£14.99 - £29.99) - Used to come free with the Elite's but don't any more. Recommended for best HD picture. I use one on my 50" G10 and it's spot on.

Hope this helps.

Ian

cheers ian but is the hd component lead not hdmi lead for tv .

no components are the 5 phono connectors that will go in the back.

hdmi is a single flat connection.

elites have the hdmi compatability but don't come with the cable anymore but i think you can use any hdmi you like anyway

no components are the 5 phono connectors that will go in the back.

hdmi is a single flat connection.

elites have the hdmi compatability but don't come with the cable anymore but i think you can use any hdmi you like anyway

ok cool so once i have the wirless adaptopis it easy to get on line using my excisting wireless network at home.

do u want my wheels and tyres im sure we can come to some arangment.

im not 100% matey with it being near xmas and all :lol: plus my mum mite be getting a fiesta and i could swap my wheels for hers :lol:

i will let you know though, also if you put them on eBay or anything let me know :D

im not 100% matey with it being near xmas and all :lol: plus my mum mite be getting a fiesta and i could swap my wheels for hers :lol:

i will let you know though, also if you put them on ebay or anything let me know :D

ok will do just trying to think of a price as they were all part of the upgrade what you reacon. with tyres £

wheels ONLY £

£450 with tyres???

i dunno really :lol: most people seem to have them so i havent seen many being sold

£450 with tyres???

i dunno really :lol: most people seem to have them so i havent seen many being sold

see thats the problem my new wheels are nearly 400 with out tyres thats why i need to keep tyres really.

I'm a PS3 man but bought an Xbox 360 Elite yesterday purely for Forza 3. £199.99 with 4 games (Forza, Fifa 10, Pure & Lego Batman) from Sainsburys if anyones looking for a good deal.

Loving the game, not got online yet though, still deciding whether to get the microsoft wireless adaptor or use Network over mains adaptors to get a ethernet connection to my Xbox and Ps3. I think it's abit ridiculous that it doesn't have built in WiFi tbh!

Looking forward to some online racing when I get set up though!

mines setup up on mains plugs and my speed is always fine.

using sky player is perfect aswell

mines setup up on mains plugs and my speed is always fine.

using sky player is perfect aswell

so this is another problem my pc and router are up stairs and the x box will be down stairs so i have no option but to use wireless.

Ive had no probs with my wireless adaptor....yet!

Im still palying shift as ive spent £140 on my car this week :(

Thanks guys for all the details about the Xbox. I think I've definitely decided to treat myself to an 'elite' version for Crimbo - if finances permit. (And maybe also a steering wheel if I can).

I know there have been a few screenshots of the Fiestas posted in this thread, but it would be great if anyone could post a few more (especially some in-car/dashboard shots if possible). Or maybe any links to any Forza 3 'Fiesta' videos etc would also be great.

Many thanks,

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

@ Sarc

I'll try and get a few up later tonight.

I've got my bog standard Fiesta and then the race Fiesta (Used to have a Focus engine in it but was pretty uncontrollable).

@ Sarc

I'll try and get a few up later tonight.

I've got my bog standard Fiesta and then the race Fiesta (Used to have a Focus engine in it but was pretty uncontrollable).

Cheers mate, that would be great if you could. Totally no rush, of course - I know these things take time. :)

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club