Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! ford mondeo ignition problem

stuebaby

My car has a power startbutton.when I get in my car if I bounce about on the drivers seat the ignition comes on and go,s off  with out me touching anything? Does  anyone know why this is happening please ???

Edited by stuebaby
repost

• 1 month later...

could be an intermittent closing connection?

Is this a factory fitted?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:43 PM, jeebowhite said:

could be an intermittent closing connection?

Is this a factory fitted?

found out the  problem's is in the driver's seat I  only know if I bounce about on the seat I can turn the ignition on and off

lolol......

sorry, not really funny!

I am finding there are lots of shortcomings with the mk4 mondeo electrics too, having got one over a week ago I have fixed a couple of things already! 

I am guessing it is a short somewhere causing this.....try moving your seat to the back of its max travel and if it has electric lift then lift it to the max then see if the fault still occurs, if it doesn't then it is a connector in the seat maybe, the other major place to look is the fuse box under  bonnet, prone to corrosion underneath although looks good from above.

well I got the seat out today and checked the plugs on the seat will have a look at the fuse on Saturday  let you know thank you

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club