Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control

MrNixon

On 28 April 2016 at 7:10 AM, wilto said:

This is where I bought mine from, works perfectly.

Just received it through the post today! Was pretty fast delivery. I'll try give it a shot tonight or tomorrow to see if it works. 

Im wanting to enable auto locking as well. Can this be done through the ECU?

Cruise Control & ASL is all working! :) If anyone needs any help if you are trying yourself then feel free to contact me.

I would like to thank all of you for your replies and your assistance with me.

good to hear you have sorted it, you can do the autolocking the same way, and hill launch assist, tyre deflation detection also

Hill Launch Assist and Tyre Deflation? Can you explain more? And what option should I look for, for autolocking?

hill start assist holds the brakes for up to 6 secs when you take foot off brake when attempting to pull away off an incline , and tyre deflation detection uses the abs sensors to detect a punctured tyre by speed difference. both can be turned on using focuus software. the tyre deflation will need abs module reset afterwards , as i found out afterwards or the abs detects a fault.as for autolocking, it should be obvious in focuus software what to switch on.

5 hours ago, iantt said:

hill start assist holds the brakes for up to 6 secs when you take foot off brake when attempting to pull away off an incline

This is for people who don't have the skill, or are just too lazy, to use the handbrake. :dry:

17 hours ago, mjt said:

This is for people who don't have the skill, or are just too lazy, to use the handbrake. :dry:

Thats mostly for learner drivers.. 😉 Us experienced drivers don't need that then 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There guys.  I have been seeking some help on this for a while..... I bought a second hand steering wheel with the cruise control, and the phone controls and the wiring loom for my 2012 Focus Eco Diesel.  I have swapped the wheel with the new loom , and turned on the Cruse in the 2 places with the ELM 327, but it doesn't work.  I think the airbag loom must differ between the cars with cruise and those that don't. Anyone know the numbers for both the looms?

airbag harness for cruise control was finis 1801776

So the harness that arrived is exactly the same as the one I have,  Fitted it anyway in case some of the connections were swapped where it was difficult to trace them in the green connector.  Still not working.  

I have the ASL, the phone  switch and the two "OK" air bag switches.  So as far as I am aware all the components are the correct ones...  Puzzled as to why its not working?

Would there be any reason that I would need to connect the interface again and re-enable the ECU?  Thnaks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

hi. did you initialize the ABS?.

No - I don't remember see that in the instructions... I think ABS was enabled anyway when I got the car.

Edited by sko
mis-spelt

you change the settings with focccus to with cruise control and ASL and then write to bcm . when its finished you click the ABS icon at the top and one of the options will say initialize ecu on it. you need to click on that and then you should be good to go.

• Like 1

OK I recovered the ECU to the backup I had taken, and then reapplied the changes to BCM and to IPC and completed the ABS ECU Initialize. All through FoCCCus tools.

I run the Fordscan, but still have 2 errors. See Attached files.  Anyone any ideas?  Thanks

2016-05-31 22_50_09-FORScan.jpg

2016-05-31 22_51_20-FORScan.jpg

Have you tried resetting the DTC?

Sometimes rewriting the hex values throws up fault codes due to modules being rebooted.

I had the same thing while rewriting my APIM hex and a DTC wipe was necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks for the response.  Originally when I opened up DTC there were a dozen or so errors.  I cleared them and then received just the 2 above.

b112b comes back as wiring harness

b10bd is your radio screen

VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CRUISE CONTROL

• Date ReportedNOVEMBER 13, 2013
    • NHTSA Reference#10053655
    • TSB Reference#ASI-32314

Description: FORD: THE CRUISE CONTROL, ON SOME VEHICLES, MAY BE INOPERATIVE DUE TO STEERING WHEEL WIRING HARNES

Thanks interesting... I noticed 3 lights lit on the radio screen before I started there are now 2. the one on the top right of the radio screen is the one unlit.

Also noticed when it gets dusk that the RHS steering wheel controls aren't lit.  Best re-check the wiring again I guess and re-run.

regards 

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just finished doing this to my Focus ST.

I've got exactly the same problem as sko. I've got the correct wiring loom, i've changed the settings on the ECU using FoCCCus and i've reset the DTC codes using Forscan. I've also got the same error left over.

I followed this guide: (except i bought a new steering wheel rather than modify my own)image.jpeg

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/274-retrofitting-original-cruise-control-on-a-focus-mk3/

Has anyone figured this one out yet?

Thanks