Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sewerage smell in reverse, Tit X 125 ecoboost

rossierose

Hi, would appreciate some advise please if possible. Had my 65 plate titanium X ecoboost 1L / 125 for nearly 7 days and done just under 200 miles so speedo  now 1700 miles.  Over the last few days I noticed every time I use reverse I get a horrible sewerage/ bad eggs /sulphur smell in the cabin and the car judders and creaks its way back  (that may be be due to me not revving hard enough I suppose - I'm not used to it yet, having driven a diesel for last 5 years!). I have  also found that the clutch feels juddery at times in forward gears . I checked the forum for previous answers and althoughbad smells have  been mentioned, no solution seemed to be evident. Is this normal for this type of car or do I need to take it back to the dealer? I didnt experience any of these problems with my 1.6 diesel so am not sure if I just need to get used to driving a petrol again ? would appreciate some reasurance! many thanks.

It's just the catalytic converter.

By going backwards you are probably driving in to your exhaust trail.

It smells more when new until it has settled in a bit, and it will also smell if you have been driving the car hard.

many thanks Alex, feel reasured the car isnt going to break down on me now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club