Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New focus putting in petrol a chore

mikeyd1

Alright guys so i hat to fill my car today the first time since picking it up and petrol went everywhere i hat to keep re inserting the nosel untill it litrely went all the way in. Now ive had 2014 fiesta and 2012 focus and never had a problem am i doing something wrong? I was quite annoyed for spilling petrol all over my new car. Its a 2015 ecoboost. Thanks

Are you pushing it in far enough?

Try holding the nozzle at 30 degrees from centre, sometimes helps.

I've only got it down my Focus once, and that was because I didn't push the nozzle in far enough.

Letting it run really low means you get back pressure too, so I often push the nozzle in slightly and let the air out (you can hear it) first.

• Like 2

Push in fully and let it sit naturally.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I agree with above there's a flap and if the nozzle doesn't go all the way in the flap stays up and overflows I've done it twice until I realised it goes a fair way in on mine.

• Like 3

Thanks guys i will do that next time. So quite far in and leave it sit naturally

1 hour ago, AJHMIDSUK said:

I agree with above there's a flap and if the nozzle doesn't go all the way in the flap stays up and overflows I've done it twice until I realised it goes a fair way in on mine.

That's what she said :wink:

• Like 5

That's what she said wink.png

Fnar

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club