Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whar are Ford doing about this?

Brent M

It seems to me that there are a few coomon topics amongst all this with the mk7. 1) Gears crunching going into reverse, 2) the noisy blowing exhaust 3)steering as in pulling to one side and noisy. A lot of people have said customer service at the dealership has left a lot to be desired with these topics. My question is has anybody got any information directly from Ford admitting there are issues? and not just dealership excuses!

It would be interesting to hear from you if Ford has commented

cheers Brent :(

ive had the crunching in reverse a few times but i dont think its a fault , i think its just where i either have'nt got the clutch fully down or im still moving foward slightly, its always good to make sure your complete stationary before reversing

ive had the crunching in reverse a few times but i dont think its a fault , i think its just where i either have'nt got the clutch fully down or im still moving foward slightly, its always good to make sure your complete stationary before reversing

Thanks Mitch I don't actually get the crunch until I start to let the clutch up then I realise the !Removed! thing isn't actually in revesse at all hence the crunching - second time it goes in perfectly. I guess Ford tell us this is normal i.e. with the 3 sec pause rule

i had a 58 plate mk 6 fiesta zetec blue and it has the same noise in reverse, it was mainly when i started the car and put it in reverse, when i spoke to ford about it they said once u start the car, wait, then put it in gear, do not try and rush it. So now i get in and start it then do my seatbelt and shizz then put it in reverse and its fine. However i still get the odd time when it slips out and that get the cringing grinding noise and everyone turns and looks. ha

My previous mk7 was a pain in the !Removed! for crunching and/or popping out of reverse thankfully my 59 plate built in august this year seems to be fine so far.......bet i've jinxed myself now lol.

I've driven a few cars in the past that crunch into reverse so it's nothing new to me but not come across the popping out of reverse untill the mk7 fezzi.

It seems to me that there are a few coomon topics amongst all this with the mk7. 1) Gears crunching going into reverse, 2) the noisy blowing exhaust 3)steering as in pulling to one side and noisy. A lot of people have said customer service at the dealership has left a lot to be desired with these topics. My question is has anybody got any information directly from Ford admitting there are issues? and not just dealership excuses!

It would be interesting to hear from you if Ford has commented

cheers Brent :(

I'm on my 3rd fiesta, and every one of them has crunched going into reverse, not had a mk7 but had a mk4, mk5 and mk6. I learned to wait til im dead stopped, wait a couple seconds, dip the clutch then put it into reverse, it really reduced the crunching. I do believe its cause by the safety feature on the gearboxes where u cant go into reverse while move forward. Or if you do want to do that you need to dip the clutch, release it then dip it again.

I don't know why you'd want to do that though, 1st to reverse burnout just don't work ;)

My car pulls to the left, has done since I picked it up. It's going into the dealer next Saturday to be fixed. I'm just thinking the tracking is out? I hope it's that anyway!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club