Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Central Locking - Rear Door Locking Failure

TomsFocus

Morning all,

So on my Dads Mk3 the rear door does not lock or unlock with the CL.

I'm often fixing the issue on French cars which is a damaged door loom but I can't see a rear door getting enough use to be the loom!  So is it likely be the lock module?  Cheap/easy to fix? 

Cheers
Tom

Is it only one door?

Does it have rear electric windows? Are they working?

Has it got electric windows on rear doors?

As if it has there are individual door modules in each door, and there the likley cause

Its the rear drivers door.  All others including the boot work fine.

No idea if it has electric rear windows, thought all the Mk3s did!  It's just a Zetec so may not have?  53 plate. He's just bought it and I've only seen it once lol.

If it is the door module, are they fairly cheap and easy to replace?  I've done VW door modules which are a bit of a pain!

If it has rear electric windows and they are not working, it means you know it is a problem with a module or wiring.

If it is isolated to the lock it just narrows it down a bit more.

I assume you mean 63 plate! Lol, zetec wont have elec windows. Therefore it wont have control module in door, just a latch module.

Drop door card and test with multimeter or test light.

MK3 mondy was 2000-2007 according to wiki.

• Like 1

What a plonker I am, didnt notice its in mondeo section and assumed it was a focus, der!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Still, worth checking if electric windows work, because if there is a problem with the loom then the whole door can "die" electrically.

Does mk3 Mondeo have door modules, or is it centrally controlled?

I've messaged him asking about windows so will report back when I get a reply.

It does have rear electric windows, and they both work fine.

So I guess it's not the module then? :unsure: 

it will be the latch assy, but you can check at the connector first before getting a replacement.

• Like 1

I had this on my old MK3 Mondeo. It turned out to be a loose connector on the wiring loom that had come out of the connector block. Popped it back in and problems solved.

The connector was in the door itself.

• 4 weeks later...

So, nearly a month later I've just done this...

£15 part...  2 hour job!  Though about 1.5hrs was looking for the door handle screw that I lost in the door...  Had a magnet out and everything and I'm pretty sure there's a black hole in there that it fell into as it's nowhere to be seen.  Anyone else removing the door handles...make damn sure you don't remove the screw any further than necessary lol!  Found one that seems to have done the job eventually though.  Then realised the outer handle clip was in the wrong place...tried to cheat by not removing it but ended up pulling the lot back out lol.  I did get the clip out (twice!) without breaking it though so a new one isn't needed if you're careful.

And the verdict...yes, it was a faulty solenoid, works perfectly now.  Thanks Ian and anyone else. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

good to hear you finaly fixed it.