Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering between lower gears

TomasSymonds

Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 Focus Zetec 1.6L Petrol Powershift, only covered 14500 miles.

Last week or so I have noticed that the car/gearbox is juddering between the lower gears, between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. Between the higher gears it runs like a dream.

Ford can't fit me in for a few weeks so just wanted to see if this is a common thing or why it would be doing this?

service was done in August 2015 and only covered about 3K since then

Any Ideas?

Thanks

the powershift requires the gearbox oil be done at regular intervals at £250 a pop it may need the oil changed service is 3 years you're at 2 and a bit

• Like 1

It wont need oil change, thats for the 450 box, the 1.6 peyrol powershift uses the 250 box,

There will be an outstanding software recall on your car that will need doing.

• Like 1

There will be an outstanding software recall on your car that will need doing.

Do you know what the recall is for or how I can find out?

Thanks

Put your reg into ford etis website and it will show if you have an outstanding software recall, it updates tge software and carries out a re learn.

www.etis.ford.com

they do Arthur but the op is referring to the 1.6 petrol powershift box which is dry clutches.

dry clutches are known for the seals to leak contaminating the plates causing the same symptoms as above either way its definitely Time to have it checked out

• Like 1

Should I expect this to happen on such a low mileage car?

It was reg'd in June 2014 so less than 2 years old

What sort of costs am I looking at?

I can't get it looked at until May 14th

Shouldnt cost you anything, under warranty.

I have a 2010, 2.0 tdci with powershift box, does anyone know if the transmission fluid needs regular changing and if so how many miles/years should it be done at? My car has only covered 18,000 miles from New 

On your particular power shift it's the 450 box with wet clutch, so as Arthur pointed out the oli and filter needs changing every 37.5 k or 3 years whichever the sooner, so it's due this year

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iantt said:

On your particular power shift it's the 450 box with wet clutch, so as Arthur pointed out the oli and filter needs changing every 37.5 k or 3 years whichever the sooner, so it's due this year

Thanks for replying. Having just checked in my service book in the back it actually says the Powershift oil and filter was changed  before the car was handed over to me. I did ask for an engine oil and filter change and that cost nowhere near the price it would be for the auto box. Just wondering if it's a mistake as I can't see a ford dealer doing a job like that for nothing before selling a car!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys 

I’m I have a Ford Focus 2015 mk3.5. My gearbox is juddering between 1st and 2nd gear but not all the time. I have been advised by my local garage to service gearbox can anyone advise anything else ??

43 minutes ago, AmirAltmimi said:

Hi guys 

I’m I have a Ford Focus 2015 mk3.5. My gearbox is juddering between 1st and 2nd gear but not all the time. I have been advised by my local garage to service gearbox can anyone advise anything else ??

Which engine specifically? (So we can work out which of the 2 possible dual clutch gearbox models you have in your car).

• Like 1

I have a Focus 2012, 1.6L Duratec Ti-VCT with auto gearbox. When the car is warm, the auto gearbox shakes and judders (quite badly) when it changes up from 1 to 2. Higher gears are fine. Putting my reg. num. into http://www.etis.ford.com I see:

Outstanding Field service Actions
15B22 - TCM SOFTWARE UPDATE
14M02 - TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE

Are these related to my judder problem and will the Ford dealer apply the fixes for free?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, SteveSm said:

I have a Focus 2012, 1.6L Duratec Ti-VCT with auto gearbox. When the car is warm, the auto gearbox shakes and judders (quite badly) when it changes up from 1 to 2. Higher gears are fine. Putting my reg. num. into http://www.etis.ford.com I see:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
15B22 - TCM SOFTWARE UPDATE
14M02 - TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE

Are these related to my judder problem and will the Ford dealer apply the fixes for free?

Thanks

Your symptoms sound about right and yes they should be done FOC as they're outstanding field service actions directly from Ford.

• Like 1