Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mondeo tdci flywheel problem?

nathdonn

Hi i need some help. At idle there is a light vibrating noise coming from under the bonnet which is intermittant. I have looked under the bonnet and cannot see any obvious vibrations. Could this be a problem with the flywheel? Its an 06 plate and only done 58K?

Your help would be appreciated

Nath

if the noise dissapeares when you dip the clutch it could be the dmf. you could check that the air intake is not vibrating on the subframe this is a common cause of vibration noise.

its the air intake cooler pipe which is bolted under the engin on the n/s behind the road wheel which can sometimes knock on the bodywork, it is cured by putting some foam or rubber between the pipe and bodywork, or you could buy the revised bracket from ford. the dmf would only be worn if the clutch assembly has been abused by schumacker starts and rough treatment.

Unfortunately DMFs have been Known to go at very low mileages. By low I mean under 30k. This is a problem which troubles lots of cars not just Mondeos (or Fords). I had to change DMF and clutch on a fusion that had only covered 32k miles. The flywheel bearing had seized ripping the teeth off the clutch plate! Not typical I know but it's an indication of the unpredictable nature of DMFs. Have a look on the Jaguar forum and see their moans about DMFs in X-types. (mondeo based car).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club