Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brake pad replacement

Shinysun

Hello all, does anybody have any advice on front brake pads and discs? I need new ones and the bf is happy to fit them himself but we're not sure which make to get. Have found some Mintex on eBay but they seem a bit too cheap!

thanks

Susan

Hello all, does anybody have any advice on front brake pads and discs? I need new ones and the bf is happy to fit them himself but we're not sure which make to get. Have found some Mintex on ebay but they seem a bit too cheap!

thanks

Susan

hi sue

used mintex pads and discs on my 53 fiesta been ok your bf will need a 7mm allen key to remove shoes , good luck :D

If you can find someone with a Halfords trade card you can get pads and discs for pretty much eBay prices, but with all the benifits of buying them in person from a phyiscal shop down the road.

Got front pads and discs for my Mk4 several months ago and the trade discount was something silly like 30 or 40%.

mintex discs and pads are as good as any. as already said you will need a 7mm allen key to remove the bolts that hold the calliper onto the carrier. some proper brake pad grease will also be useful, using copper grease these days is bad practice as it wont burn off if it gets onto a friction surface.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice, it will come in handy! The bf is a baja beetle diy-er so he's very capable, and he knows lots of people in the trade so getting a discount would be sweet!

Thanks again!

Susan