Do Not Sell My Personal Information

paint match

ajzetecs

been bugging me for while which paint match on new bumper been different, is this normal with possible paint changing over years, the guy who painted it used registration number at paint supplier, maybe needs to go somewhere else, front front when light shines on it looks very similar

20160424_150948.jpg

20160424_151003.jpg

Someone will clarify soon, but I'm pretty sure there's a paint code somewhere rather than using the registration, as has proved in your case it's not always good enough. I would insist on the correct colour as they have quite clearly used the wrong shade of blue from those pics, albeit not deliberately, still not acceptable really.

Have they applied the top clear laquer? It doesn't look as shiny as the rest of the bodywork...

Definatly been laquered, maybe not enough pearl in it, looks ok when sun is shining on front, looks same colour

paint codes are only half the issue in the factory there are many variations of one paint code its not always identical then you have weathering a proper paint match requires the code then the mixer will use swatches of painted metal against the car to determine the exact colour you now have and mix accordingly so its the correct paint code but weathering and she wasn't taken into account

It is hard to answer as the camera may make it look worse than it is in real life. It does look from your photo to be quite a shade or two out, however bumpers often have a slight colour mismatch from the car, not really sure why but if you look carefully enough there is a very small variation.

It is easy for people to say it clearly looks the wrong shade in your picture because everyone's Monitor/Tablet/Phone etc displays the colours differently, so to some people it may look a lot worse than it actually is.

Plus with a new painted section in this case the bumper painting to shut lines will show a colour mismatch a lot more, the correct way to paint would be to blend it into the wings to avoid hard lines of colour mismatch.

i never got bumper buffed with compound polish maybe that may help or get car buffed up or detailed maybe over year paint changes like red cars, obviously they worse than others 

front of new bumper at this angle looks ok even the zetec s standard bumper look slightly different to front fender like other picture on thread

large.gallery_64513_1780_210347.jpg20160326_110526.jpg20160326_110510.jpg

My standard zetec s bumper is slightly different to bodywork in certain lights same colour car as yours and every one I've seen on road is like it but yours does look a little more off colour than others I've seen 

Those extra pictures make it look a lot less worse than it looked before, so yes it is likely because of the age of the paint on the car and the fact it been painted to a hard edge shut line rather than being blended into the wing. Again as I said before plastic bumpers always have a slight variation to the metal panels even when new.

Think might just need some paint work buffed up or detail see if helps 

the paints still fresh it will tone down but on the focus the bumpers are always a slight different colour tonic blue and silver are the worst

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club